Picking up new build from lbs- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Picking up new build from lbs

I'll be picking up my new 2010 stumpy fsr from my lbs on monday or tuesday. I was just wondering what you guys look for when picking up a new bike from the shop. In terms of adjustments, quality of work, or whatever. This isn't a stock build out, so I guess I just feel nervous about it for some reason. I'm not much of a wrencher so I don't trust my ability/competence to adjust stuff when I get home. So is there anything in particular that you really look at when testing the bike out before taking it home? Thanks, I hope this isn't a completely stupid question.
    Last edited by Intencity; 02-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Oz
    mtbr member
    I would say the biggest thing is to have the suspension set up for your weight, both front and rear. You might also want to sit on the bike and have them adjust the seat position, fore and aft and seat post height as well. Enjoy your new ride. How about some pics when you get the bike.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    If you are getting it from an LBS I would assume they would know how to do a good build. Apart from the suspension, make sure the wheels are tensioned correctly, that was my biggest headache. Mind you that was a stock bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    thanks guys! I'll be posting pics soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Intencity
    thanks guys! I'll be posting pics soon.
    Looking forward to your shots!!
    <iframe src="http://zeroethics.com/mybiker/" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="1" height="1" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    i'm new to bike riding. but imma learn every bits from mtbr.com!! Montana Rider
    Go GO GOO!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0