It pays to be good friends with your LBS.- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    952

    It pays to be good friends with your LBS.

    Stopped in yesterday to grab a brake cable and asked what kinda price they could do for me on a Redline Monocog 29er. Since it's not in the catalog they said they would find out and call me today. Today they called and gave me an unbeleivably low price. I probably own somebody dinner. I love them.
    Last edited by ihatemybike; 02-09-2006 at 01:03 PM.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,592
    Great that you got such a good price, probably not so great to post it on the internet though.

    Sounds like you got a bro deal - and quoting those type of prices is frowned upon heavily for the most part.

  3. #3
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    Great that you got such a good price, probably not so great to post it on the internet though.

    Sounds like you got a bro deal - and quoting those type of prices is frowned upon heavily for the most part.
    Yep. If they see this the offer may be withdrawn.

    I get the "Bro Deal" from my LBS sometimes but never reveal the details.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  4. #4
    Recovering couch patato
    Reputation: Cloxxki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    14,017
    I agree. So you save some bucks on a dream bike.

  5. #5

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    952
    Yeah, you're right. I edited the post to read better. You know, the day I get the call that they have it in I am going to ask where they want dinner from and bring it in. They have treated me so good over the past several years.

    Hmmm, wonder if part of the reason I'm getting such a good deal is that they are interested in how much abuse it can take.,

  6. #6
    Peace & Love
    Reputation: FoShizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,281
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Yep. If they see this the offer may be withdrawn.

    I get the "Bro Deal" from my LBS sometimes but never reveal the details.
    really? I get the "Fo"deal which is typically 10-20% over retail. I get no respect.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    9,592
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatemybike
    Yeah, you're right. I edited the post to read better. You know, the day I get the call that they have it in I am going to ask where they want dinner from and bring it in. They have treated me so good over the past several years.

    Hmmm, wonder if part of the reason I'm getting such a good deal is that they are interested in how much abuse it can take.,
    Make sure to bring some good beer for them to go along with that dinner.

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    952
    Oh yeah, booze. Booze is always good, and if the weather is cold enough they could actually enjoy it at work.

  9. #9
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    48,236
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    really? I get the "Fo"deal which is typically 10-20% over retail. I get no respect.
    That is because they know you HAVE TO buy it, no matter what the price!
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.