OT: Bend in March/April?- Mtbr.com
    bike geek

OT: Bend in March/April?

I notice a few members here are from Bend, so thought this would be a good place to ask. I've wanted to get up there for some riding, and may have a window of opportunity around late March/early April, but am not sure what the trails are like that time of year. Y'all still have snow then, and maybe I should wait until later in the year?

29er content: I'd be bringing my Waltworks.

TIA,
    Brian

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by tamjam
    I notice a few members here are from Bend, so thought this would be a good place to ask. I've wanted to get up there for some riding, and may have a window of opportunity around late March/early April, but am not sure what the trails are like that time of year. Y'all still have snow then, and maybe I should wait until later in the year?

TIA,
    Brian
    Um, why not go to Barbie Camp? First weekend in April. Many of the trails are still under snow until May-June, but even then there are still lots of good trails open and BC is a lot of fun.

Aug 2004

New question here. The weatherman here...

is never wrong or right...It can be 70 and dry or 40 and snowing in Bend in late March. We have gotten snow on July 4th a few years in a row...
    But chances are it would be nice. I'm going to Barbie camp this spring myself, I've never made it because I work weekends.
    This year I have a new Vulture 29er and I think BC would be the best way to break it in.
    If you are coming up, let us know. We will ride someplace...
    Jefe'

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    is never wrong or right...It can be 70 and dry or 40 and snowing in Bend in late March. We have gotten snow on July 4th a few years in a row...
    But chances are it would be nice. I'm going to Barbie camp this spring myself, I've never made it because I work weekends.
    This year I have a new Vulture 29er and I think BC would be the best way to break it in.
    If you are coming up, let us know. We will ride someplace...
    Jefe'
    Late March last year in Bend was perfect. Check back just before you'd come out and we'll let you know.

Jefe -- my legs are broken today. I got that rear disc adjusted properly. It turns out the 1/3-2/3 spacing was off and my disc was squealing and rubbing pretty hard by the time I got home.

Aug 2004

Yeah Nat, I'm a little worked too.

Boy you take a little time off from your SS, and you get spanked. After all. we were on the bikes for four hours, and that climb up college to start...I'm glad your brakes are set up now, your RIG is HOT. Thanks, I had a good ride.
    BTW, they weather in late January was nice, what's next
    Jefe'

bike geek

Well wife shot that down pretty quickly

Quote Originally Posted by tamjam
    late March/early April
    Brian
    Looks like we're heading south instead, towards the Santa Barbara/Solvang area. Works for me, judging by the trail reviews, there is some badass riding down there. Bend/Barbie Camp will have to wait.