On One Superlight Steel fork. How does it ride- Mtbr.com
    Ride, Sleep, Work

On One Superlight Steel fork. How does it ride

I am looking at getting an On One Superlight fork and was wondreing what are everyones thought on how it rides. I am coming from a suspension fork and I want to rigid.

Thought on this fork will be ever so helpful.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

N+1

superlight?

It's a decent rigid fork, better than the cheaper models like Karate Monkey, Redline, Kona or other, but it's still pretty stout. Don't let the 'superlight' fool you either, it's not. But it's a nice blend of strong and compliant, for a decent price. I think it's a bit pricey for a budget rigid fork, but in my opinion it's the best rigid in that $100 or under price range.
    GET Bret Weir, I said.

mtbr member
    To add on to what MichiganClydesdale writes - the fork has a 47mm offset, which is a nice offset number in my opinion.

I too found it to be nicer than a Karate Monkey fork in terms of how it "soaked" up rocks and roots out on the trail.

N+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MMcG
    the fork has a 47mm offset, which is a nice offset number in my opinion.
    that's news to me, maybe that's why I prefer if over the Kmonkey fork I used originally. I had it pc'd with the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GET Bret Weir, I said.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganClydesdale
    that's news to me, maybe that's why I prefer if over the Kmonkey fork I used originally. I had it pc'd with the frame.
    It's a Fact Jack!

Apr 2007
    Just wondering if there are any more reviews on this fork? Trying to decide between this and the Vassago ODIS for my Redline Flight. Prices seem to be about the same. One negative about the On-One is the canti bosses.

mtbr member
    Can someone give me a link to where I can buy this fork? I have been searching for ages, but can not find it. I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet
    Can someone give me a link to where I can buy this fork? I have been searching for ages, but can not find it. I'd be truly grateful.

Thanks in advance
    I don't think they had been making any steel forks for a year or two now (or more), but the steel forks just starting reappearing. Unreal Cycles has them, but I don't know how they are for international orders. Not sure why On One's site doesn't list them though

bike tester
    I have seen 2 or 3 on ebay in the last month... got one myself for about 40 quid.

mtbr member
    Boomn,

Thanks very much for the link. They work out at US$205 delivered for me. I can get the CF fork for AU$235 delivered from the AUS distributor. I really don't like CF, but at the same price, it does make me wonder what to do.

I'll have a few ums and ars over the next few days and see what happens. Thanks again for the link. Much appreciated.

Syl3,

I have looked at eBay UK, but definately not often enough. I might put a recurring appointment in my Outlook so I don't forget to keep looking.

Cheers.

Peace & Love
    I dont any any of the specs as others do, dont care, never will - would rather not be a sheep who is brainwashed pre-ride by the specs driving how they like the fork...i have owned 2 and thought VERY highly of them when riding. thumbs up

Members who have read this thread: 0