Not quite Vicious--OT

Printable View

• 02-21-2006
    shark67
    1 Attachment(s)
    Not quite Vicious--OT
    I didn't think about the Vicious logo until I took this photo.

One of the greatest joys that I have in my life is being a foster parent for the Indianapolis Humane Society. My wife and I don't do it all the time, but when a special animal crosses our path we really can never say no. We usually only do this for animals that have some sort of special needs, like an injury or some other problem in the humane society kennel that will impede its ability to be adopted or will increase its chance to get put on "the list" (if you know what I am saying).

Anyways, we have adopted several dogs out of our house for the humane society after these animals were back to normal, and we just got Kishka.

She is in a world of trouble right now...I will spare you the gory details, but leave you with "at least they didn't have to remove the leg", "therapy 5 times a day" and "she should be fine in a few months"

This will be quite a project for me, for all of us, and this one might just stay here.

Thanks for indulging me.
  • 02-21-2006
    kenai
    Quote:

Originally Posted by shark67
    I didn't think about the Vicious logo until I took this photo.

One of the greatest joys that I have in my life is being a foster parent for the Indianapolis Humane Society. My wife and I don't do it all the time, but when a special animal crosses our path we really can never say no. We usually only do this for animals that have some sort of special needs, like an injury or some other problem in the humane society kennel that will impede its ability to be adopted or will increase its chance to get put on "the list" (if you know what I am saying).

Anyways, we have adopted several dogs out of our house for the humane society after these animals were back to normal, and we just got Kishka.

She is in a world of trouble right now...I will spare you the gory details, but leave you with "at least they didn't have to remove the leg", "therapy 5 times a day" and "she should be fine in a few months"

This will be quite a project for me, for all of us, and this one might just stay here.

Thanks for indulging me.

What a beautiful dog!!!
  • 02-21-2006
    TACSTS
    Hey, good on you man. I really appreciate people that make a sacrifice like that for animals. I'm in college and a small studio apartment right now (no pets allowed), but I would like to do something like what you're doing some day. Beauty of a pooch too, shouldn't be any trouble finding her a nice home when she's better!

From all the dog lovers in the world, THANKS! :D
  • 02-21-2006
    Big29
    Man's BEST friend!
    You just can't beat the loyalty and appreciation shown by a good dog. Keep up the good work. :cool:
  • 02-21-2006
    ozlongboarder
    Speaking of Vicious, I just saw this on ebay..... if only it was a bit bigger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vicious-Cycles-2...QQcmdZViewItem

Nice dog.
  • 02-21-2006
    Steve_N
    My sister has 3 Alaskan Malamutes and they are beautiful dogs - although there's always hair all over the house!

Good luck with the rehab. Hope it all goes well.
  • 02-21-2006
    Allroy
    awesome
    good for you, how could anyone look at that face and not want to take her in!
  • 02-22-2006
    endure26
    1 Attachment(s)
    We have three dogs. Two huskies (mix?) and one BBM (big black mutt). All three are adoptions. Prior to them we had two pure bred huskies. One of the smartest dog breeds there is - and they know it. A great companion dog for sure. Enjoy your new friend.
  • 02-22-2006
    WEBERTIME
    1 Attachment(s)
    Rescue dogs are the best...
    The Blue Tick Beagle Hound. 29'er relation? She's the fastest dog at the Dog Park. Yeah it's a stretch.