mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Niner Jet 9 for me?

No way to test ride it regretfully. Brand new for $1799 shipped. Iím mainly riding pavement but want to ride trails (we have LOTS) so am wondering if this is a good fit or overkill. The price, from what I can find, is great. Iím 55, but am in great shape; only saying that as I doubt Iíll be Ďshreddingí or anything like that!
    In an earlier thread, I was asking about a used bike but now think I need to buy new.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    What year is the bike? Is the frame red or blue?

The Jet is a great bike. Niner has had some issues with bankruptcy last year. Looks like they may be past them now

The Jet was a trend setter race bike when it came out years ago. It now is more of an all around trail bike. It would be a great bike for your type of riding. It might be over kill. But at that price point. It will let you do a lot if you get further into the sport 130mm /120mm. 29ers are the sweet spot do all bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Thanks. Its 2018 Red/Mint

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Forgot to add.....itís the 1 star build fwiw.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Looks like you found a very good value on a new Jet 9 with Fox and SRAM components. Would be hard to go wrong with it unless your budget allows for a higher build. I have a 2017 jet9 rdo and itís a great XC/trail bike, loads of fun! What size frame are you considering? At close to 5í11 I could have gone either medium or large, went with large for additional stability at speed on long fast descents. Medium would be snappier handling but the large is plenty nimble though it weighs a little more. Competitive Cyclist has a pretty fair description of the bike youíre looking at. Will be interested to hear your outcome. Good luck!