New stem for 09 XCal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New stem for 09 XCal

So I am looking to upgrtade some bits on my 09 Fisher. the stem options are 100, 110, 120, and 90mm... I will be using a slight riser bar, and was wanting some input on best stem length for control and comfort. I know many will come and say "all about personal preference" and such but my question is- Is the measurement taken from the middle of the stem(headset) to middle of bar?
    I am ordering the part so no real chance to try it out first. Just looking for some opinions on what works best for you to help in my own search.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Any chance a few friends have old stems lying around that you can try out first?
    I bought a few thomson stems on cl, tried them out and then sold the ones that did not feel right for the same price as i bought them for.
    Made it way too easy.
    People are always looking to buy thomson stems so they were easy to find and easy to sell.

mtbr member
    What frame size?

I have a L 19'' G2 Frame with a Thomson 100mm 10deg X4 stem that works best for me with a riser bar. I have wide shoulders so I use a 710mm wide bontrager crowbar.

mtbr member
    It's a size L... I am about 6'1 with pretty long arms... and not any spare parts that I have found to try so far

mtbr member
    C-c..
    Professional Amateur

mtbr member
    ^^^^^ ???

Members who have read this thread: 0