New Specialized Stumpjumper 2021- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2017

New Specialized Stumpjumper 2021

New Specialized Stumpjumper 2021-screenshot_20191028-172221_picsart.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    interesting ...I'll add that the seat angle looks a bit shallow by today's standard.

mtbr member
    Sub'd.
    Wanna see the #'s on this thing. I want an Enduro light as my next trail bike. 150/160 with a tamer head angle would be awesome.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    interesting ...I'll add that the seat angle looks a bit shallow by today's standard.
    The actual looks slack but the effective much better. Still not Pole style, thankfully.

I'm seeing no support for small chainring's again.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I have been waiting for this one! I have the new Enduro and love it.

Proudly Plus-Sized
    Is this for real?
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    Is this for real?
    I was just thinking that.. Can't find anything... photo chop?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Do not be fooled, it comes with the utra new, ultra...
    sorry, still confidential

mtbr member
    100% photoshopped. That crank is floating below the frame... Specialized may be a smart company but I don't think they've figured out how to have a floating crank yet.
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

mtbr member
    Real or not a more trail oriented version of the new Enduro would be a license to print money. Let's go Specialized.

Ride what you like!
    Quote Originally Posted by homey View Post
    100% photoshopped. That crank is floating below the frame... Specialized may be a smart company but I don't think they've figured out how to have a floating crank yet.
    Nope. The new standard will be invisible BBs. That's what is up with the pedals too! The debate of clips vs flats has just ended. Invisibles won!
    The revolution starts now
    When you rise above your fear
    And tear the walls around you down
    The revolution starts here

mtbr member
    No Horst link, Yay!
    What, me worry?

mtbr member
    Not sure what constitutes Horst exactly anymore, but it's got a below axle pivot on the chain stay. The anti squat on the Enduro looks good.

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004
    Homey, if you will look at the closeups of the new Enduro on Spec.com, you will see how it connects. I suspect this is designed to give the rearend very progressive behavior.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Does it come in a 3x crank
    It looks like a good bicycle to ride. I like Specialized bicycles.

방랑외국인
    Specialized always has premier aesthetics in the industry, but this time around looks like their focusing on performance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    Not sure what constitutes Horst exactly anymore, but it's got a below axle pivot on the chain stay. The anti squat on the Enduro looks good.
    Oops, you're right. I got excited over nothing.
    What, me worry?

Proudly Plus-Sized
    I can't believe we are still debating this as if its legit
    MTBR: Your dad's online mountain bike forum.

mtbr member
    This is OP's very first post. No text, no explanation for a 2021 bike when it's still 2019. Doesn't pass the smell test.

mtbr member
    Interesting...there is a pic of the Enduro model that looks very similar in December issue of MBA page 43. So I think itís a real thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blaklabl View Post
    I can't believe we are still debating this as if its legit

if you click the image then you will see that it is named Screenshot_20191028-172221_PicsArt.jpg. PicsArt is sort of a poor mans PhotoShop so fake. Would it be more efficient for the OP to delete the thread than to force the duped to "unsubscribe" individually?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by GlazedHam View Post
    if you click the image then you will see that it is named Screenshot_20191028-172221_PicsArt.jpg. PicsArt is sort of a poor mans PhotoShop so fake. Would it be more efficient for the OP to delete the thread than to force the duped to "unsubscribe" individually?
    Please teach me that. I searched but never found that option.
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Hahahahah it's obvious man. Not is necessary , just seeing it you know it's a simple photoshop. My god, what a exaggerated man

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Some people think this is real? Lol! Why would they keep the asymmetric design if there is no shock there to go around? It's an obvious fake.

mtbr member
    Well, does anyone know anything about the new Stumpy? The current Stumpy was introduced in 2018, in 2021 it should be renewed, right?

mtbr member
    New Epic will most likely drop first. Maybe around Sea Otter.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    2019 SJ was first model year of current. I am not getting the feeling there will be a new Stumpy for this season. Trying to figure out what bike to ride this year! Have enjoyed my SJ alot!

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi all,
    I called the biggest Spesh dealer in Melbourne asking about the Stumpy and the guy said he is "pretty sure" we will have the new geometry for Stumpy in 2021, hence significant price drop/sale on 2020 bikes in stock. That conversation made me super-excited. After thinking over and over which bike will suit me better (I was riding Giant Reigns for the past 6-7 years), Stumpy or new Enduro, I thought Stumpy would be more fun overall.
    But my hopes of Stumpy getting new frame for 2021 were short-lived since I just got of the phone with a person from Specialized HQ in Port Melbourne. He said 2021 models will be announced next month and will be available in late July (probably earlier in the US) but he doesn't think Stumpy will get a new frame. Let us hope he is wrong. :-)

mtbr member
    Is the 2020 stump jumper crap? I need a new bike and have been eyeing this bike up. Problem is all shops by me aren't open for demoing anything. I can hold off if in fact a 2021 is a re design. Just curious thanks.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    I can't say whether it is "crap" or not. Never ridden one. But, from all the reviews I've seen and read, SJ is an excellent allrounder and it pedals very well. If you can't demo it anywhere, try maybe asking someone you know. Still, I think our best option is to wait for 2021 SJ because it will be announced next month.

mtbr member
    Really? Where? Can definitely hold out along with the new Fox shox

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1 View Post
    Is the 2020 stump jumper crap? I need a new bike and have been eyeing this bike up. Problem is all shops by me aren't open for demoing anything. I can hold off if in fact a 2021 is a re design. Just curious thanks.
    I guess it somewhat depends on how badly you 'need a new bike'. I you don't have a bike in this category at all, you might consider buying something --new or used --that is a model year behind but has a sweet parts kit on it. When the new Stumpy comes out, get the S-Works frame and move the sweet parts over. Or get the Stumpy comp and swap parts. You might take a bit of a hit but you will have a bike to ride while you wait.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum1 View Post
    Count me as one that doesn't think it's getting a redesign for 2021. I could definitely be wrong, but it got a redesign in 2019 so a 2021 redesign would be after only two years on the current geometry. But I'm just speculating.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
    Count me as one that doesn't think it's getting a redesign for 2021. I could definitely be wrong, but it got a redesign in 2019 so a 2021 redesign would be after only two years on the current geometry. But I'm just speculating.
    As of today on their US site, a few of the models are, like, $50 discounted. There are even models listed as "new", yet out of stock in all sizes. This tells me they are not yet trying to clear out the inventory for next years model. I guess next years model will be very similar or --if a redesign --not available for quite some time.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
    I thought the latest design was in 2018.

igz
    mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah. It would appear there will be now new SJ frame for 2021, however, there were one or two instances when Specialized altered the frame only after very short period of time. As for me, I don't have a mountain bike at all, so I'll be definitely getting a 2021 model regardless.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    why the heck does it have rock shox instead of fox kashima. Thats obviously a s works stumpy and either a 2020 elite or comp. The link doesn't even work like that. The cross arm can't actually attach there, and it doesn't even make sense. The worst part is that they actually took the picture of a new enduro with that link, because you can clearly see there is no cross arm. They somehow thought that the cross arm is just part of the stumpjumper, and maybe just for looks. I just don't understand the level of knowledge that would lead to someone photoshopping something like this. How do you know enough to care about the square edge eating, anti rise killing, and anti squat stomping new link, and then think that it would somehow fit on a stumpjumper like that and still keep the side arm. How????? It would be closer to a enduro st (oh god) than a stumpjumer anyways.

mtbr member
    Aug 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by mjlee2003 View Post
    why the heck does it have rock shox instead of fox kashima. Thats obviously a s works stumpy and either a 2020 elite or comp. The link doesn't even work like that. The cross arm can't actually attach there, and it doesn't even make sense. The worst part is that they actually took the picture of a new enduro with that link, because you can clearly see there is no cross arm. They somehow thought that the cross arm is just part of the stumpjumper, and maybe just for looks. I just don't understand the level of knowledge that would lead to someone photoshopping something like this. How do you know enough to care about the square edge eating, anti rise killing, and anti squat stomping new link, and then think that it would somehow fit on a stumpjumper like that and still keep the side arm. How????? It would be closer to a enduro st (oh god) than a stumpjumer anyways.
    smh...

mtbr member
    Stop criticizing Specialized they might sue us like they due everyone else...