New Giant XTC 29ER1- Mtbr.com

Sep 2009

New Giant XTC 29ER1

After reading everything I could on 29er's, and what little there is out there on the new Giant XTC 29ERs I bit the bullet last Friday and bought a new medium Giant XTC 29ER1 last Friday as a replacement for my 8 year old GT Rebound!

I put around 40 miles on it this weekend, mix of mountain single track as well as cross country/fire roads and love it! It's a huge difference from my old bike! Just wanted to share the news (none of my friends ride so they don't really appreciate it!).

I'll let you know how it goes during the break-in.

-Matt
    Attached Images Attached Images

is buachail foighneach me
    awesome, have fun, and remove some of the 50,000 "giant" logos they seem to have plastered all over every component there.

ballbuster

srsly...

Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    awesome, have fun, and remove some of the 50,000 "giant" logos they seem to have plastered all over every component there.
    ... are you sure it's a Giant?

Sweet looking bike. I've always liked Giant hardtails. Never rode a Giant suspension bike more than a few pedal strokes, and the one I did was an AC, which was a total pig, and not typical of their XC/Trail offerings today. I can't wait for Giant to adapt Maestro suspension to their 29er line.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I was just at the shop looking at the xtc 2.
    For a large the TT seemed a touch short and the stock straight handlebar put on there trying to make up the difference seemed awkward.
    That shop isn't going to even stock the xtc1, only the 2.
    Good luck with your new bike.
    Looks sick.

Sep 2009
    I'm loving it...I read that for some the TT is too short, but it's fits me perfectly. That's a big part of why I bought it - I sat on it and it just fit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've been eyeing a Giant XTC 29er as well. Just got the go ahead from the boss (wife). But, I got cold feet. Can't decide on a 26 FS which is much pricier, or this Giant. My bday was yesterday, wife said she almost bought it for me as a surprise but then she started hearing me talk FS, so she bailed. I told her this afternoon that I wish she would have bought the damn thing, which therefore would have made the decision for me...

Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    What's the deal with the rolling billboards? I hate the new, in your face, paint schemes today. But, I do like the bike.

Enjoy,
    M

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboater
    I've been eyeing a Giant XTC 29er as well. Just got the go ahead from the boss (wife). But, I got cold feet. Can't decide on a 26 FS which is much pricier, or this Giant. My bday was yesterday, wife said she almost bought it for me as a surprise but then she started hearing me talk FS, so she bailed. I told her this afternoon that I wish she would have bought the damn thing, which therefore would have made the decision for me...
    Maybe you should buy a FS 29er.
    2011 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Rig
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    what's the price bracket on this guy? <very interested in a giant 29er>

Sep 2009
    I paid $1950 for mine.

mtbr member
    Nice bike...but I am way too late to post..

mtbr member
    I've been riding my friend's XTC1 29'er for the last few weeks.
    I'm strictly a hardtailer, so I wanted to see what this bike couldn't do that my 26'er could.
    Short story, very little!
    The bike is very good everywhere.
    Stable at speed, jumps well, rolls over huge logs like they aren't even there, changes direction very well (maybe not as quickly as my 26'er), and climbs like a mountain goat.
    Plus, it's very affordable.
    I had considered getting a Niner, but why, when this bike is so good, and I have local support.
    I might never go back to 26" wheels again.
    Lenny

Members who have read this thread: 0