New to 29'er- Mtbr.com

Thread: New to 29'er

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

New to 29'er

Well im sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but how do 29'ers compair to 26'ers. I know the basics like how they roll over things easier and are larger so its hard to get through tight turns. What im interested in is the details. How do they climb, decent and handle in tight technicle sections like rock gerdens. Also how do they preform on drops and jumps. The reason im asking is im looking at buying a new bike in the $600-$800 dollar range and i know 29'ers start in about that range. Also im 6 foot 1.

Apr 2007
    If you google 26 vs 29, you will get more info than you can handle. For me, it wasn't mindblowing when I first got on one 3 yrs ago. But I kept riding it, then dusted off my S-Works 26" and after one ride, I couldn't handle it. Sold the Specialized and now I currently own 2 29ers and no 26".

May 2009
    One has bigger wheels?

You guess which.
    MUD

My weiner is 10.5".....Oh wait...I'm holding this ruler backward.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    It's getting harder and harder to sell a 26" bike on eBay... at least for good money!
    I wonder if less peeps are riding "or maybe they are all going to 29er".
    Want be long till they don't make 26ers... then maybe the 26 vs 29 questions will stop.

Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flyag1
    Want be long till they don't make 26ers... then maybe the 26 vs 29 questions will stop.
    Disagree. It'll be a looooong time before they stop making 26" bikes, if at all.

Members who have read this thread: 0