New 2020 Occam- Mtbr.com

Thread: New 2020 Occam

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

New 2020 Occam

X-Post from Orbea Forum
    Some info for anyone looking for new FS29er in 2020.......

So got lucky and my bike made it a little early. Not sure if MyO stuff is still shipping on the regs from Spain but BIG BIG thanks to our Iberian friends and to sixes pit shop in Canton, GA for getting me on this STAT... They took the glamour shots.....2 rides in and I can tell this a special bike. Stoked with the custom color...

I'm 5'8" 160 lbs 32" inseam
    Large M10 Occam, all metallic dark green with metallic gold logos
    40mm stem, one 10 mm spacer under stem
    Fox 36 upgrade and I moved wheels over from current bike...Nobl TR36 30mm inner rim laced to I9 Hydras. DHR 2.6 front, Dissector 2.4 rear
    Changed the bar to the One Up tapered and the grips to my trust ODI Elite Pro. I love newer Geo and this combo really helps with hand pressure from steeper SA and stiffer 35mm bars

My last 3 trail-bikes have been in order TB3, SB100, Ripley V4 and now Occam, I don't race XC anymore and have found newer suspension is so good that the extra beef does't hurt....more to come but this thing is like cheating....be careful not to just look at reach....this is a shorter TT. My saddle is right in the middle and the post up/XC/Climbing position feels great...could not see me on the medium though
    I did put in the larger spacer in the DPX2 right of the bat...went with factory recommendation on settings and felt great for baseline
    Only other change I'm thinking of right now is switching the OC2 dropper for a one up. One up gives you 170 drop from only 4mm more total dropper length.
    Holy crap, stoked....Hope all you stay healthy and can self isolate in the woods.

Full M10 size Large
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2020 Occam-img_2084.jpeg  

New 2020 Occam-img_2085.jpeg  

New 2020 Occam-img_2086.jpeg  

New 2020 Occam-img_2087.jpeg  

New 2020 Occam-img_2088.jpeg  

New 2020 Occam-img_2089.jpeg  

Rider
    Nov 2019
    Beautiful.

Though I am a Charmin Ultra man myself.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thank you....rides as good as it looks
    Ha! that was the shop getting a bit cheeky with TP
    wish they would have included it!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    How does the Occam ride compare to the Ripley V4? Great looking bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks! Loved the Ripley V4 and sold it to one of my best friends...I wanted a Ripley on steroids and instead of Hightower, ripmo etc. wanted to try something different. It's my first Orbea....fit and finish is amazing and fortunately they have a great local shop carrying them.
    Rode with my buddy on his (my old) Ripley V4 this weekend and he was like "yeah" the extra travel ain't holding you back at all!"
    there's an extra 2 lbs in there somewhere...the ripley was XTR, 34 and DPS
    this is XT, 36 and dpx2
    you do feel the weight a little but that's it...the climbing is bananas and the downs are just more fun than the ripley....as fun and do everything as the Ripley is, I think this takes it to 11 without going full Enduro...my 2cents...best 29er trailbike I've tried.....
    the suspension feels very Infinity/DW esque pedals great while maintaining small bump climbs well in or out of saddle and opens up and TCOB nicely on the chunky hi speed gnar and drops. One more point, pretty easy suspension to tune......it has a really nice platform built in that makes it feel very playful and poppy

NedwannaB
    Any comparison to a GT Sensor?
    Ripley V1 XC/Gravel Adventure rig
    Marin Hawk Hill 2.5

mtbr member
    Nice. I think Orbea really knocked it out of the park with this new Occam. The numbers look look just right. Had it come out before I ordered my new bike, it wouldíve been high on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Hereís my 2020 Occam in Orbea Blue and yellow. XT with XTR brakes.

Havenít had a proper trail ride yet and itís my first 29er in Almost a decade. Really happy so far.

Iím about 5í8. Medium with a 50mm stem feels pretty good if maybe a little tight for reach. But my usual terrain does not necessitate a super slack or long ride.

I chose it for a couple reasons to replace my Mojo3. First and frankly - my local shop just started carrying Orbea and offered a deal on it up front that was hard to turn down compared to a Ripley V4. Second I did like the geo numbers and the option to personalize parts and colours.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New 2020 Occam-occam.jpg  

Last edited by Farmpunk; 1 Week Ago at 09:33 AM.