need your advise- Mtbr.com

May 2009

need your advise

hi to all and thanks for reading this.
    finally i got my bike from the shop, they have my bike for almost 5 weeks. the problem of my bike was my front and back suspension..... btw my bike is a 2008 hifi plus 29er..
    her is my concern...
    previously my bike's front suspension is a RockShox Reba SL 29.. but when i got my bike today it was RockShox Reba team 29.. i called the shop about this matter and the tech told me that he don't have any idea about whether i got a G2 or nonG2 but he told me that i got a better one.
    here is my concern especially to all G2 user, do i have to stick to my new front suspension or do i need to insist to my old reba sl 29 G2 suspension.
    i am a newbie about this matter.. please help me if i need to get back my G2 front suspension or stay with this new front suspension.

i appreciate your feedback/advise

thanks so much...

(was) Big in Japan
    I hope that Fisher gave you a G2 fork, is there a G2 sticker on the leg?

If it is a regular Reba, it will probably steer more slowly (stable), but some people like it. I have read that one of the Fisher pros uses the regular Reba and also Guitar Ted liked the Hifi with the regular Reba too.

I think the best thing to do is try to confirm which you got, but then just test ride it - maybe you'll like it! G2 is not magic, and not everybody likes it, so any fork might work, it depends on the rider.

Good luck!
    Ride.

May 2009
    i got a reba with no g2 sticker... how can you rate the reba team from my old G2 reba SL?
    thanks again.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoimtb
    i got a reba with no g2 sticker... how can you rate the reba team from my old G2 reba SL?
    thanks again.
    I would be more concerned about the handling change than the suspension performance between the two forks (which is slight). The shorter offset of a non-G2 fork will make the steering more sluggish. You may like it but that is not what was intended for the bike.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

May 2009
    thanks for the info, i will call the LBS and demand for my G2 suspension.

May 2009
    i called my lbs asked about my fork and told me they gave me the right G2 fork(even without the G2 sticker).
    thanks agin..

Members who have read this thread: 0