Need a stand in?- Mtbr.com
    ~~~~~~~

Need a stand in?

Hey folks, i put a down payment down on a Pereira cycles 29er right after the handbuilt bike show and it looks like its gonna be a bit longer than i thought to get that baby. i'm without a mountain bike- GASP! and i need a frame to build up, then sell in the interim. anyone have anything? i do have a QBP connection so I can get a karate monkey pretty cheap so i'm leaning that way. that brings me to another question. if i have a KM to sell in a few months, does anyone want one cheap (~$325)? Or maybe a Dos Niner?

mtbr member
    buy the $189 Redline MC from jenson.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Recovering couch patato
    I agree on the RLMC.
    Also, this post is technically spam, pre-selling an item you do not have yet. There's always someone in need of a cheap 29" frame. $325 for a used KM though, is not. You'd be making a profit even perhaps, so spam. Please buy an ad? Thanks!

~~~~~~~

spam?

come on. i'm looking for ideas. QBP sells the bike for $xxx and by the time the shop pays for shipping and handling and i get that thing out of there and then ship it again, $325 isn't t a profit. anyway, since i'm NOT actually selling anything how can it be spam? of course, those guys from who send me emails like "CiaLIa, GeoRGe cLooney, do you Want to maSsive size to4night?" may not be selling anything and its definitely spam. anyway, thanks for the info about the RMC, that's what i was looking for.

Ride, Sleep, Work
    I would get a Zion from Jenson. Looks great and you can sell it on ebay for close to what you payed for it.
    Click to save 15% off your 1st Hammer nutrition order
    http://www.hammernutrition.com/affiliates/50110

mtbr member
    Not that many people couldn't make a pretty accurate guess, but I don't think it is appropriate to debate dealer pricing on a public forum.

mtbr member

Hook-ups

Dood,

With all your bro's having multiple rides, I'm sure you could "test-ride" quite a few nice bikes in the interim. Just wait it out and flog someone else's baby.
    Just don't ask for my lovely ladies.

~~~~~~~
    [QUOTE=PeanutButterBreath]Not that many people couldn't make a pretty accurate guess, but I don't think it is appropriate to debate dealer pricing on a public forum.[/QU

man, you guys are about as controlling as big brother. in fact, if anyone wants to know what wholesale is for anything, anything, just let me know. it may be ballpark, but i do estimates for anything from street drugs to porsches. the information is there and we live in a country of free speech. i don't have contracts with any of these companies or sponsorships and i'm not pursuing them, if i were i might think differently. man, its been a long week and i have to even deal with other bikers busting my [email protected]

mtbr member
    Edit: Screw it. We disagree.
    Last edited by PeanutButterBreath; 05-25-2007 at 01:16 PM.

~~~~~~~
    yeah, company was just acquired, two of ten people resigned. grandmother has been in the hospital for a week after her 90th birthday. friend broke his hip racing on the track, the cat got really sick and you are being a prick and you don't even know me. trying to make a profit? this is america. misrepresenting dealer price? that's what i was told. i said connection, not an account.

mtbr member
    I was being a prick. Sorry. As you hopefully have seen, I edited my comment.

I hope your Pereira comes out as well as the ones I have seen in the past.

~~~~~~~

Thanks

My hat's off. Apology accepted and appreciated- they are hard to come by, especially in cyberspace. Man, i hope that bike comes out well too. waiting is hard, and without a mountain bike i'm turning into a roadie. fun, but not quite the stress release being in the woods is. enjoy your memorial day weekend.

~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by 7HVN
    Dood,

With all your bro's having multiple rides, I'm sure you could "test-ride" quite a few nice bikes in the interim. Just wait it out and flog someone else's baby.
    Just don't ask for my lovely ladies.
    kev, what you been up to? man, i miss those rides in SC. i'm hoping to go for a mountain bike ride soon, just not sure when, where, or on what.

i like how you volunteered other peoples' bikes for test rides. that's good work. i wouldn't get on one of those crazy bikes of yours anyway- too, well, nice for me right now. i haven't ridden anything that wasn't either creaking, broken, or ten years old since sea otter. oh, not true- francis let me ride his nomad in Demo. that was hot!! anyway, keep your entourage to your self, i'd rather roll with swingers anyway

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterBreath
    Not that many people couldn't make a pretty accurate guess, but I don't think it is appropriate to debate dealer pricing on a public forum.
    thats not dealer price.... its probably more like "good guy" price, what a shop gives to a good customer.
    Tires for real rides: www.terrenetires.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chequamagon
    thats not dealer price.... its probably more like "good guy" price, what a shop gives to a good customer.
    True.

trail rat

ouch

Wow, my sig becomes more true every day.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus
    Wow, my sig becomes more true every day.
    Don't worry. We'll change that. We'll pummel all the mean people!

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I say go for the KM, in the new blue for '07. I think it's a sweet looking frame, for a great price. I would like to get one in the future and build up as a rigid commuter with backup of a REBA.
    Last edited by LyNx; 05-25-2007 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    I say go for the KM, in the new blue for '07. I think it's a sweet looking frame, for a great price. I would like to get one in the future and build up as a rigid commuter with backup of a REBA.

yeah, that blue is pretty sweet.

on another note- i sure do miss my trance 1 i sold to get this bike. hope i made the right decision......

err, 27.5+
    If you have QBP connection either pick up a monkey or an El Mariachi. Either of them should have good resale value. If you consider the time you ride it as rental fee I doubt you will be out more than $50-100 on either or them in the end and you will have something to ride in the downtime for your custom rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Members who have read this thread: 0