• 08-20-2010
    bgraves28
    Need help getting ignitor to inflate
    Crossmax rims, stans sealant in the tire and I can't get an ignitor to hold air. I cant even get part of a bead to seal. I am supposed to go for a ride tomorrow morning. HELP:madman:

I am using a compressor wide open!
  • 08-20-2010
    yv123
    same here!
  • 08-20-2010
    NuMexJoe
    When I'm having difficulty getting the bead to seat, it's usually means I need to work my way around the tire and pull each bead outward toward the edge. Good luck!
  • 08-20-2010
    skeltah
    Get one of these...
    https://www.mjcycles.com/shop/images/fullsize/21004.jpg
    a couple quarters and go to a gas station air pump.
  • 08-21-2010
    bgraves28
    Quote:

Originally Posted by skeltah
    Get one of these...
    https://www.mjcycles.com/shop/images/fullsize/21004.jpg
    a couple quarters and go to a gas station air pump.

I have one of those and my compressor is stronger than the gas station! I got it though. I just took a paint brush and painted some stans along the outside of the bead after I cleaned it with some soapy water and left some of the suds on the bead. The water and stans liquid helped keep enough air in to pop the bead! 3 hours to install 2 valve stems and inflate 2 tires!
  • 08-21-2010
    lou926
    video
    watch Stan"s video on his website, Technic is everything. I have same tires and no problem.
  • 08-21-2010
    Unknown Kowalski
    I just put mine on yesterday (Stan's Crest Rims) and didn't have a problem. There was more leakage around the rim than I had with other tires but they still have air this morning.
  • 08-21-2010
    mloco
    I agree with watching the video on the site. Following it, I was able to inflate my Ignitors with a floor pump on WTB Laserdisk wheels and Stans Rimstrips. Had no luck prior to watching the video.
  • 08-21-2010
    BreakPoint
    Same setup and no problem, make sure the tire is as close to the bead as possible. Hell, I was able to set mine up with a C02 cartidge last weekend.