What can I say?.bikes have come a LONG way since my last new bike build back in 2012 (Soma Juice Hardtail). As a photographer, the first thing I wanted to do with it was to ride somewhere to shoot it!

I rode the Yeti SB130 and the SC Hightower and this bike just felt right. I knew it would be even better if I could build one out exactly to my spec. I really wanted to shop local but the only Santa Cruz dealer offered no flexibility in build and/or price. I ended up getting my build handled by Competitive Cyclist in Salt Lake (backcountry.com). They were simply fantastic to work with. Helpful, responsive, and patient as I built this bike up on paper. I ordered it on May 22nd and it arrived (ironically) Friday, on my 49th birthday. They packaged it up perfectly and it was a breeze to take out and piece together.

I spent about 20 mins putting the white decals over the black letters and staggered them a bit for a drop-shadow effect. I love the contrast it gives to the dark purple. Today, I am going to try and get the suspension dialed in for my liking.

The deets:

• 2020 XL Tallboy in Stormbringer Purple
  • Santa Cruz Reserve 27 carbon wheels with I9 Hydra hub
  • Fox Factory 34 Grip 2 fork - 140mm travel
  • Fox Factory Transfer dropper seat post with Wolf Tooth remote
  • RaceFace Carbon SIXC bars w/20mm rise
  • Chris King DropSet 3 headset in matte mango
  • Deity Knuckleduster grips
  • XTR 9100 trigger shifter
  • XT 8120 4 pot brakes, rear derailleur, crank arms, chain, 12-speed cassette 10-45T (microspline)
  • XT CRM85 chainring - 30T
  • XT RT86 rotors - 180mm
  • OneUp orange aluminum pedals
  • Maxxis DHF 2.35 front and Maxxis Agressor 2.3 rear
  • WTB Silverado saddle
  • Santa Cruz white decals

High-resolution images can be seen here - https://www.creativedogmedia.com/Tallboy/n-CQCSHv/

NBD - 2020 Santa Cruz Tallboy in purple-santacruz-1.jpg