My new Anthem 29er- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

My new Anthem 29er

Here's my new baby. Starting the tear down/build up process. There's no better time than the winter here for changing out a few things. I was shocked to see the X7 shifters mounted directly the the Elixer 5 brakes. Not sure how those clanps are going to workout for swapping the shifters to something different. I may need to swap the brakes out now too do to the bigger clamp. But it's a great looking bike in person. Better pics will follow during the build. If anyone one needs any info/weights let me know.

meow meow
    its just a match maker clamp. if you stay in the sram family you will be fine.

Life is a sport
    Jan 2004
    Just had to send my anthem 29er 2011 X2 frame back for .... gasp.... fracture at the top-head tube..... this was EXACTLY what the huge recall initially was and now it appears they either sold me a defective frame or the problem is not fixed.....

caution to everyone on one of these...... I was literally riding along at 2mph and heard a loud crack and clang.... was still rideable as long as you stood up so no problems getting back to car.....

however Giant has TWICE delayed my frame - at first it was going to be here in 3 weeks (3rd week in Dec) then early Jan, now early Feb.... what the heck..... I know it is winter and ll but the weather has been great and I am missing lots of riding days to have my bike out of commission for over two months on something that is only a few months old to being with......
    Go Ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pock View Post
    Here's my new baby. Starting the tear down/build up process. There's no better time than the winter here for changing out a few things. I was shocked to see the X7 shifters mounted directly the the Elixer 5 brakes. Not sure how those clanps are going to workout for swapping the shifters to something different. I may need to swap the brakes out now too do to the bigger clamp. But it's a great looking bike in person. Better pics will follow during the build. If anyone one needs any info/weights let me know.

Can you let me know what the BB height is on your bike? What size frame do you have?Thanks!! (if you get a chance to measure when the wheels go on)

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    could you post the weight of the frame with the fork thanks man awesome bike

mtbr member
    I ve got the 2011 X-1 and I couldn't be happier with it. sometimes it's too much bike (that's where my XTC-1 29er comes in) otherwise after 3k km's and not one issue

Have fun the new bike it looks awesome man!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muffetmd View Post
    I sure can but it will have the BB in it until next week. If that works let me know.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    Can you let me know what the BB height is on your bike? What size frame do you have?Thanks!! (if you get a chance to measure when the wheels go on)
    I should have the wheels this weekend or early next week. I'll be running Schwalbe Racing Ralph's just FYI. I know tires can be a bit different and may slightly affect BB height. Frame is a medium.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    what's the BB Housing on the anthem ? BB30 perssfit ?
    I want to use a shimano ht2 crank.
    thank you

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tc2290 View Post
    what's the BB Housing on the anthem ? BB30 perssfit ?
    I want to use a shimano ht2 crank.
    thank you
    It's a BB86. Shimano HT2 cranks will work fine with this set up. Just get a Shimano Press-fit BB.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by muffetmd View Post
    As you can see the BB,headset cups, as well as the rear triangle spacer and a piece of cable housing are still on the bike but here is a ball park for this moring.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I run the Racing Ralph in the back and a Rocket Ron up front. The Ron is actually lighter but has bigger knobs and really grips.

mtbr member
    I haven't had my hands on the Ron's in 29er size. I loved my 26 RR's. My Ralph's came in at 585 and 586 grams in the 29er TL ready form. I was quite surprised.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Cool really love my 2011 X1 no need to strip in down but have put my old wheels and tires on (Flows with Hopes running saguaros), upgraded handlebar. Everything else awesome stock, although want to try 0 degree stem.

I really like how this bike feels with more handlebar sweep.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    My 29er RoRo weighs 552 grams, RaRa weighs 574 grams. Both TL version.

Nice Anthem X29 in white! This is how my black version looks now (not completely finished yet):

Last edited by rapsac; 01-14-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added picture
    20 Mach 4 SL
    19 Endurace CF SLX

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    looks good rapsac... what did the build weight come to?

mtbr member
    It weighs approx 11.2 kg on a hanging scale.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    20 Mach 4 SL
    19 Endurace CF SLX

Recreational Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsac View Post

Nice Anthem X29 in white! This is how my black version looks now (not completely finished yet):

I'm in love. It may just be time to put the Anthem 0 on the auction block.
    “Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.”

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggerjake View Post
    At the largest portion (outter edges because of press fit BB) of the BB housing it has 12 inches even of clearance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rapsac View Post

Very Clean!

mtbr member
    Finally all disassembled and some forward progress.