My LBS has a new Rig (medium) for $800- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My LBS has a new Rig (medium) for $800

No affiliation on my part, just wanted to pass on a good deal. I can't remember the phone number but if anyone is interested I'll look it up for you.

-tom
    wow, this hurts more than it used to.

Recovering couch patato
    I've got ten bucks that says the bike will be spoken for before the day ends.
    Hope the LBS is good in boxing things up? If not, mentioning your location might help

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Hope the LBS is good in boxing things up? If not, mentioning your location might help
    shipping a Trek or Fisher bike to a consumer is a violation of their dealer agreement. it also voids the warranty on the whole bike. not saying anyone will be caught, but just so everyone is aware. to purchase a Trek or Fisher or Klein, you literally have to walk into the store and pick it up.

Master of the Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by funkenstein
    shipping a Trek or Fisher bike to a consumer is a violation of their dealer agreement. it also voids the warranty on the whole bike. not saying anyone will be caught, but just so everyone is aware. to purchase a Trek or Fisher or Klein, you literally have to walk into the store and pick it up.
    could be a good way for you to make a few bucks being a buying agent.....

on that note, I am interested in buying the "rig" I am prepared to send you a "Cheque" for $4000 could you please cash my "Cheque" and send $3000 to my shipping...................
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    on that note, I am interested in buying the "rig" I am prepared to send you a "Cheque" for $4000 could you please cash my "Cheque" and send $3000 to my shipping...................

That's good, I'm good for a few of those a week...

BTW, I am offering to 'walk in' the store to help out the movement. No markup... Just trying to helpout a shop and a fellow 29'er.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for the heads-up. What state are you in?

mtbr member

Click on his name

Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    Thanks for the heads-up. What state are you in?
    and you'll see he's from Maine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2nd hand

Quote Originally Posted by TommyKnocker

That's good, I'm good for a few of those a week...

BTW, I am offering to 'walk in' the store to help out the movement. No markup... Just trying to helpout a shop and a fellow 29'er.
    that's a possibility, but the warranty states that it is only good for the original owner. and in this case it would be 2nd hand. I'm just sayin.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I am in Maine. I am not trying to get anyone in trouble here so thanks for the heads-up. I bought the large today and he mentioned that he couldn't sell the medium.Since he knew that I had more access to 29" riders (they all ride 26" around here) I mentioned that I would pass the word.

You will have to deal with the shop directly and if he chooses to ship the bike out of state or ride it around the parking lot to make it used that's his decision. I am not posting the name of the shop or the Ph# on this board so if you want to email me directly I will pass you on them.

[email protected]

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I heard similar feedback from LBS' I spoke with regarding the Fisher dealer agreement and warranty on my search for a large Rig in SoCal. Short of a trip to Wisconsin or Colorado, I'll wait for mine at my LBS and keep my warranty in force.

That said, it's good to know that at least they're out there even if they're a little difficult to acquire at the moment.

Good luck!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hey tommy im sure your helping out someone on this board.
    Last edited by jtompilot; 02-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jtompilot
    Spam deleted. Buy an ad people! You can refer to it once on the forums.
    Look, I'm trying to help out an LBS, you know, the lifeblood of what we do? The people responsible for us being here? The people who sell the magazines that keep this page alive? This is no maore spam than me talking about a bike that I bought and that the LBS has another one for sale..It's rediculous to have to buy an ad...

Transplant
    Where in Maine is it? I am NH and wouldn't be too bad a drive (as long as its not above Lewiston). Thanks!

mtbr member
    I can understand the policy when one would be buying a bike that every shop has, or is readily available (i.e. Cake). It is good for Fisher to protect its dealers against large mail order establishments etc. But the policy is B.S. when one has to wait 4-5 months for a bike because Fisher is out of stock.

Instead of waiting 5+ months for the '06s to arrive, I had one of the last XL Rigs left anywhere shipped from another state (I live in CA). In a warrantee situation, all one would have to do is say they bought the bike while on vacation. That is what I was repared to do.

I say if Fisher can't keep up with demand on certain models, its every shop for itself!

Quote Originally Posted by funkenstein

Dec 2005
    Edit Cloxxki : SECOND spam post deleted from ONE thread, what's with you people?

Tom's post is cool, don't think that it cool to just drop your own spam in this thread. Buy the ad.

Members who have read this thread: 0