More on FortyTude

Printable View

• 12-26-2004
    adamlivi
    More on FortyTude
    Just put some Christmas holiday time into FortyTude ... latest are my red oak fenders that I steamed into shape over a tea pot ... thay work pertfectly and help to finish off the bike ...

Titanium Cantilever frame, Rohloff Speedhub, 29" wheels ... what else could you ask for ...

photos and component specs located at FortyTude images and component spec sheet.

Merry Christmas!

Adam
  • 12-26-2004
    ncj01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by adamlivi
    Just put some Christmas holiday time into FortyTude ... latest are my red oak fenders that I steamed into shape over a tea pot ... thay work pertfectly and help to finish off the bike ...

Titanium Cantilever frame, Rohloff Speedhub, 29" wheels ... what else could you ask for ...

photos and component specs located at FortyTude images and component spec sheet.

Merry Christmas!

Adam

Nicest bike from that builder I've ever seen.

Those fenders are SICK!!
  • 12-26-2004
    adamlivi
    Danke
    Sick .... Sick.... or Sick Cool?

prelude to my future boat project ...
  • 12-26-2004
    1 Speed
    Purrrrdy
    Nice bike. Who's it fab'ed by? Lookin' good.
  • 12-27-2004
    adamlivi
    builder details
    the frame, fork , h-bar and s-post are all done through Gene Spicer .... Gene does a lot personally with steel and Alu. but does not "do Ti" per se ... he farms it off to a major aerospace Ti builder in China ( Xian Changda)... build quality is very nice and Gene stands behind the entire package .... really a good guy you'll see if you search the forums.

I worked the geometry and cable guide specifics out via email ... one initial drawing from me which was laid up into a cad drawing to detail all elements ...
  • 12-27-2004
    bikecop
    call me crazy, but I like it! is the front of the rear fender attached to the seat tube or just snugged against it?
  • 12-27-2004
    adamlivi
    its snugged
    I cut a rounded bevel cut into the front of the rear fender and then I simply eased off on the radius of the bend ... this places the front of the fender snugly up againt the seat tube with pressure from "wanting" to flex straight ...

make sense?