Moots mx divide reviews?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Moots mx divide reviews?

I have the chance of getting either an mx divide, but I cannot seem to find any reviews minus te short "I rode it for a few minutes" variety. Pro35blog wrote a good review but does anyone one have any feedback on this pricey frame?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I'm pretty sure I read a review in Dirt Rag. Search away!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Biker Boater Boarder
    Got a friend that has one and he rails on me when everytime we ride....might as well ride by myself he is so fast on it. I'd be suprised if he doesn't come along soon to comment on this thread.
    Adios,
    "Chaco"

Lots of kids tell me they want to be firefighters when they grow up, I tell them they can't do both!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, I saw the Dirt Rag mini review. Essentially it said "longish stays", "front end not ez to get up" but "I didn't have much time to monkey with the suspension". Looking for a little more then that however. Perhaps those who ride them don't frequent forums?

mtbr member
    I'm sure there are exceptions, but it could be that the type of guy that throws down over $5k for a frame does not typically cruise forums or spend much time writing reviews. I haven't ridden this bike but I would bet it is a great bike. However, my personal opinion is that titanium is best suited for simple frame designs like a hardtail, and carbon rules for the complicated curvy designs of FS 29ers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I second the first opinion regarding posting. The second however I am on the fence about. I am certain that suspension deadens the magic ride of ti but to what degree? I am a carbon fan though as my current rig is just that, carbon.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by CHSAD View Post
    I have the chance of getting either an mx divide, but I cannot seem to find any reviews minus te short "I rode it for a few minutes" variety. Pro35blog wrote a good review but does anyone one have any feedback on this pricey frame?
    Do not buy a Moots they do not stand behind their product. I have a mx divide and have had nothing but trouble with the flexing and rear triangle breaking. Talked to Butch the president of moots and he said moots can't be responsible for every bike they sell because they sell 1100 bikes per year.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Have you seen the full page adds in Dirt Rag for moots. I hears they gave moots a bad review . In the next issue moots had full page ads.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Moots does not stand behind their product. Have a mx divide and have had nothing but broken chain stays and bolts. Butch (president of moots) said they sell 1100 bikes per year and can't be responsible for every bike they sell. Butch offered to sell me a hard tail. Why would I want another moots product when they do not stand behind the products sold.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Just curious what the conditions of the breakage were?
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMIjer View Post
    Just curious what the conditions of the breakage were?
    Normal trail riding. None of the other riders I ride with have had the problems I have.

Members who have read this thread: 0