Monocog or GT Peace 9r?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Monocog or GT Peace 9r?

which one has better parts? frame? I have researched so much on the 29rs. I have decided to go on with steel frame. Any leads out there?

thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    greenpoise, Where are you located? RollModels of Allen Park, Michigan is blowing out the GT Peace for around $400.00. Its an amazing deal and the Peace has a superior tube-set to the Monocog

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Washington state. thanks for that lead. I see RollModels having a website but not a webstore

habitual line-stepper
    i was in your situation a year ago and went with a monocog from cycle therapy in kent. they got me a 2010 cog OTD for <$500 with free lifetime tune-ups. idk what size you need, but i have a 19" if you need a test ride before you buy. good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Robtre
    I built up a 2009 Monocog for my wife to ride, it is too small for me but I freaking love that bike! my 2c

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Truth is, you're looking at the $400-$500 price point, so I'm not sure how much difference you'll see in component quality. Yeah, the Peace 9r uses Reynolds 520 tubing and has Easton EA30 parts, Tektro disc brakes, etc. The Cog comes with proprietary Redline parts, so who knows if they're good, bad, or indifferent to the EA30 bits.

The best advice is to always try riding both. IIRC, the geo. on the two is a bit different. I know the GTs have a longer-than-usual ETT. I think the Redlines are a bit shorter.

Otherwise, I think they're both good bikes. Those who have Cogs will recommend them and vice versa.
    Enjoy the ride!

Apr 2007
    Had a Monocog for a few years and you can't go wrong with it. I beat on that thing and had zero problems. Geo was spot on for me. I'd buy another in a heart beat.

SSolo, on your left!
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by LBIkid
    Truth is, you're looking at the $400-$500 price point, so I'm not sure how much difference you'll see in component quality. Yeah, the Peace 9r uses Reynolds 520 tubing and has Easton EA30 parts, Tektro disc brakes, etc. The Cog comes with proprietary Redline parts, so who knows if they're good, bad, or indifferent to the EA30 bits.

The best advice is to always try riding both. IIRC, the geo. on the two is a bit different. I know the GTs have a longer-than-usual ETT. I think the Redlines are a bit shorter.

Otherwise, I think they're both good bikes. Those who have Cogs will recommend them and vice versa.
    ANother vote for ride them and go with the geo.
    Get off the couch and ride! :)

Members who have read this thread: 0