Monocog 29er to a Haro Express Deluxe 700c- Mtbr.com
    Virtus pre nummis

Monocog 29er to a Haro Express Deluxe 700c

Just purchased a new 2011 Haro Express Deluxe, which has a very nimble and maneuverable aluminum frame and light 700c wheels with 700c X 45 tires. This bike allows you to have a more stable riding position with an adjustable stem that allows you to ride in a more upright position and takes a lot of strain off the back and arms, un-like my Monocog 29er which is a fabulous bike to ride as it is, but does cause my arms to go numb after an hour or so.

The Express Deluxe comes equipped with a suspension fork and a suspension seat post as well as a super-plush saddle to smooth out the ride. I added a very comfortable Heavy Duty Inline Mountain bike seat and an adjustable stem to the Monocog along with a pair of Schwalbe Big Apples to smooth out the ride but even with that these Dallas potholes can still jar you to the bottom of your feet. So I think the Haro might make my daily ride a little easier to handle. Especially with the 24-speed Shimano Drivetrain and the real grippy brakes that come with this bike. Some might say that this bike might be a step backwards from the Monocog but for an old man like me this bike is like riding in a Cadillac. Surprisingly the cost of the bike was pretty reasonable at $380.00 out the door.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Blazerwolf; 08-26-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill!

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    How's about a picture?
    Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

Virtus pre nummis
    Working on it right now!

Apr 2007
    I think I remember saying a long time ago rim brakes and skinnier tires would be better for you. I was confused why you even bothered with a MTB for just cruising around town. That Haro is a much better fit for that purpose. Happy riding.

Virtus pre nummis
    Quote Originally Posted by p nut
    I think I remember saying a long time ago rim brakes and skinnier tires would be better for you. I was confused why you even bothered with a MTB for just cruising around town. That Haro is a much better fit for that purpose. Happy riding.
    Well at the time I weighed in at 280 lbs. and I was looking for a workout bike and I had no idea how to ride a geared bike, still don't! But at least that beast took 60lbs of my fat ass and got me in shape. Now I have the Monocog and the Haro so I got the best of both worlds! Thanks pnut!

Virtus pre nummis
    My major concern is these Kenda tires that came with the bike. How will they stand up vs. the Schwalbe Big Apples that I ride on the Cog?

Members who have read this thread: 0