Monica Lynskey- Mtbr.com

Thread: Monica Lynskey

mtbr member

Monica Lynskey

I've had the frame since April, a Large Lynskey Ridgeline.
    It's been built up since mid-June, but due to circumstances, has only been ridden hard for about 3 weeks.

Some of the build:
    <li>Large 2010 Lynskey Ridgeline, SS sliders</li>
    <li>RS Reba Team, 20mm thru-axle, 90-120 travel</li>
    <li>Hadley hubs, thru-axle & bolt on rear</li>
    <li>Formula RX brakes, 180 Front rotor</li>
    <li>15G 32 tooth cranks</li>

This is my first 29er and first Ti bike. I rode a 26" Al SS for a bit last year.
    This bike complements my Ventana El Ciclon very well, it is almost completely different; different sized wheels, different geometry, different suspension features.
    For these reasons, a direct comparison is silly.
    But I do love the ride. I believe the wheel size, geometry and hard tail contribute to this bikes great handling. I am much faster through the turns on this bike; it handles the rough stuff well enough for my old body.
    It is light enough at about 24 lbs, I did not intend on a super light racer, hence parts Stan's Flow rims and Ergon barends..
    I really enjoy the SS aspect, it simplifies my life at a time when I need it. If you've ridden here in Durango, you may believe (as I do) that being a SS rider takes a bit of dedication, long climbs at elevation can put the hurt on. I'm getting stronger, but I don't see giving up the Ventana on long, high country rides.

Many thanks to Mike @ Lynskey, and Cliff and Tom at Pedal The Peaks here in Durango. A bike is much more than its frame, but much less without a quality frame. If you need a good shop in Durango, I can't recommend Pedal The Peaks enough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Monica Lynskey-img_0429.jpg  

Monica Lynskey-img_0431.jpg  

Monica Lynskey-img_0435.jpg  

Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

is buachail foighneach me
    That bike needs a blue frame bag with a white stain on it.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by sean salach
    That bike needs a blue frame bag with a white stain on it.
    yeah where's the cigar holder?

i think blue hubs would've been more appropriate then red.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Nice bike Craig! Should be a real winner around DGO. As for the high country riding, just gear appropriately - run a 21 or 22 in back depending on how high and steep you wanna go.

banned
    Sep 2007
    I can only wish I had enough balls to push a SS at Molas pass on the Colorado Trail. More power to you Craig, for git'n 'er done on a beautiful SS. Been known to luv me some Hadleys in CO also, on my RIP.

Would Bill ride Monica more than Hillary?

mtbr member
    That frame is very similar to mine except I have verticle drop outs and am running it 2x10.

PS. Blue Spoke/Black-hub-rim I9s.

mtbr member
    Monica Lynskey huh. That bike "sucks" and probably spits as well.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat Ark
    Monica Lynskey huh. That bike "sucks" and probably spits as well.

mtbr member

Youse guys are too funny

I have taken the bike to High Point, up over Telegraph and into Test Tracks.
    32/20 gearing works well enough, though several of the TT climbs are too steep and sustained for me to survive.
    For me, I think of standing up, which occurs a lot on a SS, as going into the death zone (over 28K'). I can do it, but it is not sustainable.

There will be technical challenges with this new bike, rode Sailing Hawks last evening and had problems here and there. Mostly it is with short, rocky climbs where there is little chance of bringing momentum into the start. I expect Raider Ridge will be similar, but I saw the pros do it last year at the SS World Championships, I'm no pro, but it gives me confidence.

Still, the fun and challenge of a SS can not be underestimated. I expect that if we all came of age on 29", SS rides and all of the sudden 26" geared, full suspension bikes became the rage, we'd be talking about them with this level of enthusiasm. Riding bikes is fun, and this bike is just something different than I'm accustomed to, and still fun.
    Craig, Durango CO
    "Lighten up PAL" ... King Cage

Members who have read this thread: 0