moderator or someone else help- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    541

    moderator or someone else help

    Hi, I swear I saw a thread on here from someone who said "Don't laugh but I want a 29er white tire" last week. I can't find that thread to save my life. I typed "white tire" in the search for the forum and found nothing. Was I hallucinating?

    Thanks.

    john v
    MIA FL

  2. #2
    poser Administrator
    Reputation: rockcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    9,717
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6692021

    that is all i got the refer to schwable white tires.
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    calories>electrons

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mojo722's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by jvossman
    Hi, I swear I saw a thread on here from someone who said "Don't laugh but I want a 29er white tire" last week. I can't find that thread to save my life. I typed "white tire" in the search for the forum and found nothing. Was I hallucinating?

    Thanks.

    john v
    MIA FL

    Friends don't let friends ride white tires.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    541
    to each their own mojo- here in South Florida, those few who have the scott's with the white tires actually get compliments. If the tire makes sense for my style of riding (slow) and terrain (rooty) and they happen to come in white, great. Function, then form

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: skunkty14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    763

    Que the music.....

    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb8T4xIa3o4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb8T4xIa3o4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

  6. #6
    Expert Crasher
    Reputation: GreenLightGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,349
    Quote Originally Posted by jvossman
    to each their own mojo- here in South Florida, those few who have the scott's with the white tires actually get compliments. If the tire makes sense for my style of riding (slow) and terrain (rooty) and they happen to come in white, great. Function, then form
    You can do just fine rocking white tires here in Miami. The rules are different.

    I get more looks and oddball comments b/c I ride Oleta on my rigid SS than I would riding a hardtail with white tires.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    541
    thanks everybody, but can someone find that thread? I know I wasn't imagining, I even clicked on the links but they aren't in my history. GLG- was that you on the redline Sunday?

  8. #8
    Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Reputation: DeeEight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,869
    Only companies with white tires right now are Schwalbe and Geax.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,599

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    541
    nope. I swear I saw it. but now I can't find it in the search feature. I guess I am going old...

  11. #11
    SSolo, on your left!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,577
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    You can do just fine rocking white tires here in Miami. The rules are different.

    I get more looks and oddball comments b/c I ride Oleta on my rigid SS than I would riding a hardtail with white tires.
    Goes with the white shoes and matching leather belt. ...it's Florida dontcha know.
    Get off the couch and ride! :)

  12. #12

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.