• 08-24-2010
    jvossman
    moderator or someone else help
    Hi, I swear I saw a thread on here from someone who said "Don't laugh but I want a 29er white tire" last week. I can't find that thread to save my life. I typed "white tire" in the search for the forum and found nothing. Was I hallucinating? :D

Thanks.

john v
    MIA FL
  • 08-24-2010
    rockcrusher
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6692021

that is all i got the refer to schwable white tires.
  • 08-24-2010
    mojo722
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jvossman
    Hi, I swear I saw a thread on here from someone who said "Don't laugh but I want a 29er white tire" last week. I can't find that thread to save my life. I typed "white tire" in the search for the forum and found nothing. Was I hallucinating? :D

Thanks.

john v
    MIA FL

Friends don't let friends ride white tires.
  • 08-24-2010
    jvossman
    to each their own mojo- here in South Florida, those few who have the scott's with the white tires actually get compliments. If the tire makes sense for my style of riding (slow) and terrain (rooty) and they happen to come in white, great. Function, then form :)
  • 08-24-2010
    skunkty14
    Que the music.....
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb8T4xIa3o4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xb8T4xIa3o4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
  • 08-24-2010
    GreenLightGo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jvossman
    to each their own mojo- here in South Florida, those few who have the scott's with the white tires actually get compliments. If the tire makes sense for my style of riding (slow) and terrain (rooty) and they happen to come in white, great. Function, then form :)

You can do just fine rocking white tires here in Miami. The rules are different.:D

I get more looks and oddball comments b/c I ride Oleta on my rigid SS than I would riding a hardtail with white tires.
  • 08-24-2010
    jvossman
    thanks everybody, but can someone find that thread? I know I wasn't imagining, I even clicked on the links but they aren't in my history. GLG- was that you on the redline Sunday?
  • 08-24-2010
    DeeEight
    Only companies with white tires right now are Schwalbe and Geax.
  • 08-24-2010
    Wish I Were Riding
  • 08-25-2010
    jvossman
    nope. I swear I saw it. but now I can't find it in the search feature. I guess I am going old...
  • 08-25-2010
    Natedogz
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    You can do just fine rocking white tires here in Miami. The rules are different.:D

I get more looks and oddball comments b/c I ride Oleta on my rigid SS than I would riding a hardtail with white tires.

Goes with the white shoes and matching leather belt. ;) ...it's Florida dontcha know.
  • 08-25-2010
    Deuce9er