This may be the dumbest wheel question but,,?- Mtbr.com

Jan 2006

This may be the dumbest wheel question but,,?

I have the American Classic 350 disc wheelset. I got the DT competition spokes on them etc. My question is....I am "pimping" my ride even more. I am accenting my Yellow Paragon with a ton of blue componets, such as Hope skewers, quick release, stem, chainring bolts etc. So if I wanted to change the spoke nipples on this wheelset what gauge would I need?? I have found some blue that match my Hope parts that are 14g, is that what I need? Also if I wanted to make the spokes blue etc. would 14g be the correct spoke size for the AC wheelset. Thanks, JC

p.s. Can't wait to get this badboy finished w/ all the blue etc. Gonna be as they say, "pimp" hahahahaha.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Yes, 14g is what you need.

Jan 2006
    29" spinners would be awesome!!!!! hahaha. I have a serious problem w/ messing w/ stuff when the weather is bad, and I trade/sell to buy new stuff so it doesn't kill my pocket book too bad. I am currently deglossing and getting my On one fork ready to paint glossy blue like the hope stuff I have. I love to try to be a little creative and I also love to try to do it myself, even though it doesn't always work out. I should have the fork painted in about 2 hrs. or so. I will be finished after I do my spoke nipples blue. Too bad I can't just leave them out in the cold like I can my nipples to make them blue hahahaaha. later taters, JC

Members who have read this thread: 0