Mavic MP3 program - anyone ever use it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Mavic MP3 program - anyone ever use it?

Just picked up a set of 2010 C29ssmax wheels from Competitive Cyclist and I'm considering protecting them with the Mavic MP3 program, but all the website tells me is what it does not cover.

Has anyone ever used this? Did you have a good/bad experience? It looks like it would cost $62 to cover the wheels for an additional 2 years (3 years total as I understand it). It seems pretty cheap but I'm trying to gather feedback first.

mtbr member
    Man this place is such a wealth of information, I'll tell you what.....

transmitter~receiver
    great attitude.
    the MP3 program, like any extended warranty, is designed to make money for the manufacturer. if what you want is for mavic to make the most money off of you, then it's an excellent choice. if that is not your goal, it is a poor choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    My only experience is that it takes a loooooong time to get your wheel back. We sent one in for a customer and it took about two months to get his wheel back for him.
    adam michigan karate monkey

banjo plunker, wrench
    I've often encouraged patrons at the shop where I wrench to buy the mp3 package if they are prone to damaging wheels due to crashes and hard sessions on the jumps or in the woods. Yes it makes money for the vendor (seller), manufacturer (Mavic), and consumer if they trash a $250.00 mountain or $350.00 road wheel, and for 8% of the msrp it is a great gamble that pays off if you have a wheel that looks like this:

any time spent riding a bicycle is re-cycled goodness....

Superflying on Haven
    I'm riding the the Crossmax 29er for three years and I only had to change the freehub body once because the plastic bushing broke. The plastic bushing has been replace by a metal ring in my new freehub body. No other problem since. If you are riding XC or trail, no need to take it, you better keep that money to pay a broken part of the wheel when it occurs. If you ride FR or DH, maybe it would be a smart move to get it.

Members who have read this thread: 0