Mary shows her face on the Rig- Mtbr.com
    Sweep the leg!

Mary shows her face on the Rig

I swapped the bontrager Race for a Ritchey WCS and viola! There was Mary!

Then I popped the 700x38 Panaracer on the rear to see what it could be... then I rode it down a 1/4 mile of railroad tracks to see what if anything would happen. Other than being impressed by the larger wheels and fork working well... it was just bumpy.

So should I christen the Rig with the Pete's Wicked Strawberry Blonde or the Shiner Bock? American Classic Ti cages hold those pretty well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Witty McWitterson
    Shiner Bock of course. Fruity beers are girly!

Uh, whats w/the seatpost clamp on top of yer headset?
    Just a regular guy.

Nov 2005
    Ummm Shiner Bock!!!!!!

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    Shiner Bock of course. Fruity beers are girly!

Uh, whats w/the seatpost clamp on top of yer headset?

you sound like my brother in law. he gets on me for drinking Pyramid Apricot Ale when we visit him in Seattle, except he calls them "[email protected] beers". so I guess that means his sister married a "[email protected]"

the Salsa seat clamp on my steer tube lets me change my stem without adjusting the headset. I've offset the "extra" weight by adding a carbon fiber spacer above it... as if the extra nanograms matter.
    Last edited by Caffeine Powered; 02-15-2006 at 04:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I cast my vote for the Shiner. Give me one straight from the ice chest because it has to be as cold as possible.

It was my understanding that Shiner was available only in Texas, or rather it was more of a regional favorite. Are you here in Texas or are they truckin' that stuff elsewhere now?
    Get on your bikes and ride!

Ozark Native
    they will ship that goat humpin beer just about anywere now. hopefully you added the beers after the ride down the tracks!

Sweep the leg!

Shiner's here in Wisconsin

I usually buy my beer at the local grocery store (Woodman's East) but it's at various liquor stores too. There's even a few bars with it on tap... to include the UW Memorial Union Rathskeller.

Mar 2005
    Pyramid Apricot Ale!!! Awesome fricken ale, I like the crippler sticker too!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well dang, thats a long way from Texas. I remember a few years ago asking my uncle in Chicago if you could buy Shiner at the grocery store and he said no. I need to remember to ask my girlfriend if she has seen it on tap anywhere in Chicago since she is there right now.

Sweep the leg!
    It's strange. I used to really enjoy touring the Shiner Brewery and pounding'em back after races in Austin. But now that I've had a few other Bocks... New Glarus Brewery's 'Uff Da' or Berghoff Brewery Bock for instance... I find Shiner's a little "weak" and almost light. Don't get me wrong, I still buy and enjoy the Shiner, but in my opinion it isn't as good a Bock as other breweries.

but don't think for a second I'd drink a Pearl or Lone Star even if it were free.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Powered
    It's strange. I used to really enjoy touring the Shiner Brewery and pounding'em back after races in Austin. But now that I've had a few other Bocks... New Glarus Brewery's 'Uff Da' or Berghoff Brewery Bock for instance... I find Shiner's a little "weak" and almost light. Don't get me wrong, I still buy and enjoy the Shiner, but in my opinion it isn't as good a Bock as other breweries.

but don't think for a second I'd drink a Pearl or Lone Star even if it were free.
    You should try to track some Shiner 96 down in your neck of the woods. It is a bit stronger than regular Shiner. It may be hard to find as it was a limited production beer.

Members who have read this thread: 0