Marin Rift Zone 2- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Marin Rift Zone 2

I posted this in another section, but figured I might get more feedback here.

One year ago I shattered my collar bone, broke an ankle, and a big toe. This happened on my motorcycle when a deer jumped over the guard rail and darted out in front of me. I hit it pretty hard, went flying, and I've been put back together and deemed "whole" in February. Before this accident I was really getting into mountain biking, I currently have a 2015 Fuji Nevada 1.3, this exact model here with 26" wheels...

(https://archive.fujibikes.com/2015/Fuji/nevada-comp-13)

I bought this bike not knowing if this hobby was going to ever take off or if I'd just forget about it. Happy to say I'm enjoying the ride and have no plans to give it up, but I feel like I need something better. My ankle worries me. It's been fully healed for a while now and the doc's given me the go ahead, but the impact on the hard tail is scary at times. I want to go harder, and do more, but I don't want to get hurt again.

I feel having a better(full suspension) bike would really absorb some of the impact going to my ankles and give me a bit more confidence on the trail. On top of that the bike I have in mind has many upgrades over the 2015 Fuji model.

The bike in question is a 2018 Marin Rift Zone 2 for $900. I'm going to check it out Wednesday. It's from the original owner and he states it is brand new and barely used just sitting in the garage, and all the pictures he sent me support that. He also has the receipt of purchase. Full suspension, 29er, dropper post, etc... and it's a Medium which is perfect for me. I never had a full suspension bike before, but I feel this would be a great start. What do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    See my response to your other post. It's a great bike, that's a good deal. I'm quite sure you will enjoy it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    I demoed a Marin 2019 close to it about 3 weeks ago.
    At that price i would buy it.