Lynskey Ridgeline Dropout question SS/Geared??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Lynskey Ridgeline Dropout question SS/Geared??

Ok, I am about to purchase a Lynskey Ridgeline, but am concerned about the dropouts. I have ridden a Pro29 that didn't have the new rear brace on the rear stays and it absolutely sucked!!! Under heavy braking the wheel was constantly being moved into the chainstay and rubbing it considerably. I was glad to see the new fix with the brace on the brake side and hope that this corrected the situation?? I plan to build the frame up as a SS, but I am not sure whether I get the SL or the VF-geared version because I saw a picture of the dropout welded to the stays like below...
    Lynskey Geared dropout.jpg

Obviously, this looks like a very solid dropout and I could simply use a Surly Singulator?? I've never used one before, but I assume they are good?? Or I could go with the SL-sliding dropout with the new brace on the stays like below...
    Lynskey Sliders 1.jpg
    Lynskey Sliders 2.jpg
    Any thoughts and opinions are most appreciated!!!

mtbr member

that's my bike

the second and third pic's are of my ridgeline. i have had zero issues of tire rub climbing or braking. i way 180lbs and am running 34/17 gears right now. the issues you speak of must have been resolved. go with the sliders, imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    If you're worried about the rear slider slipping under hard braking, you can get some burlier bolts for it:

They take a bigger hex wrench and allow you to easily tighten them down a bit more.

mtbr member

Decision made..

Well, I decided to go ahead and go with the slider dropouts?? It sounds like people have been satisfied with them and hopefully it works out. It sounds like the Ridgeline will be delivered early next week. I can hardly wait!!! BTW, thanks for the information!!

Kosher Princess

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron
    If you're worried about the rear slider slipping under hard braking, you can get some burlier bolts for it...

...They take a bigger hex wrench and allow you to easily tighten them down a bit more.
    Also, add some lock washers.

mtbr member
    Great thanks again any and all information is welcome. BTW, Ak is your Ridgeline the Satin, Industrial Mill, or Brushed??

mtbr member

brushed

Quote Originally Posted by Socialed
    Great thanks again any and all information is welcome. BTW, Ak is your Ridgeline the Satin, Industrial Mill, or Brushed??
    brushes. it's hot

mtbr member
    Newer production versions of the slider drops are soon to be available. I have a "pre production" version here...

Key features are, thicker plate with 6/4 bullet ends, "window" in aluminum slider and slightly less adjustment length. WAY beefier!
    (those are my ss socket head bolts)

mtbr member

interesting stuff..

Wow, that looks way beefier!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Can you replace the dropouts so you can run geared?

mtbr member
    Yes< they come with a geared dropout hanger as well as SS.

Members who have read this thread: 0