Lynskey Pro29 SS 2010...tire/cog size?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Lynskey Pro29 SS 2010...tire/cog size?

I just picked up a Pro29...gotta stop looking at the loft . I already have a 09.5 Ridgeline, but lusted over the new Pro. It seems the lower chain stay has less room on the 10' Pro vs the 09.5 Ridgeline. I'm running the Pro in SS mode using a Specialized Captain 2.20. The sliders have to be almost all the way back or the tire rubs the lower chain stays. This would not be such a big deal, but w/ my 32 x 20 combo, I can't get the sliders in the almost all-the-way rear position it needs to be in. I'm running 32x18 fine for now...until my 1/2 link comes in. Anyone else run into this?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Upset Pro29 SS running 32x19 with a Maxxis Ignitor 2.1

tire
    Last edited by Superlight2003; 09-15-2010 at 10:58 AM. Reason: tires
    I ride a singlespeed because it's harder.

mtbr member
    Lynskey brothers are fine Ti builders; their welding are decent, they have skills and tools for tube manipulation and access to a nice tube selection.

However...they are not bike designer. They have no racing team, nor professional riders to offer them feedback. Their marketing is aggressive and they follow fashions and trends. The latter is the cause of your grief -- 17.1 chain stays instead of 17.3 or 17.4. I suppose short chain stays are just so "cool".

The mitigating factor for purchasing their frames is the relatively inexpensive prices.
    However, I would buy a Salsa Ti, Ragely TD-1 or Titus, which are welded by Lynskey, before getting a Lynskey. These people know how to design bikes.

I had similar problems and simply sold my frame.

BTW, the helix thing nothing but a poor joke...

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I agree with the post above.

I had exactly the same issues and have since had the LBS take the frame back as it was faulty.

Very poor design IMO with little or no real time trail testing. i have since picked up a Niner Carbon Air 9 and it is fantastic.

mtbr member
    Here is a pic of a 2009.5 Pro with sliders in the middle position. Tire is a Segauro on a Flow.

Lots of room on either side.

You guys are saying the 2010 has less clearance? If so I am glad I got a 2009.5.

Edit - Upload feature doesn't seem to work. Take my word, plenty of room.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bigdrunk; 10-05-2010 at 07:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have a Lynskey Pro 29 2010 and have a lot of clearance. It gets a little tight if I shorten the chainstay down to just over 17. I run 2.1 and 2.2 ignitors, race kings all mostly narrowish but a Nevegal 2.2 would fit with no problem.
    Lynskey when with Litespeed designed many road bikes very successfully. All I can say is my Lynskey set up SS has been a awesome bike. I've completed half a dozen en
    endurance races thus year and I'm always impressed with how well it handles and how fresh I feel after hours on a HT. I've got the lefty version.
    I would talk to them about the clearance does not seem right.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    To fit my Specilized Captain 2.2 (actual size is 2.1), the slider had to be at least 3/4 the way back. Certain cog sizes worked, but not 20t...unless a 1/2 link was used....which tended to bind. Lynskey was great and took the frame back. They mentioned the frame was being redesigned for next year w/ bladed stays for more tire clearance....and a 1.5 head tube. So I'm back on my 09.5 Ridgeline...which I'm not sure why I tried to replace

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    i am running racing ralphs 2.25 on my pro29 bb30 frame and shortest positioning of slider.

this tire is BIG for a 2.25, so i guess the clearance is ok.

Members who have read this thread: 0