Lynskey Pro 29er 18,63lb...lighter Lynskey in the world!!!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Lynskey Pro 29er 18,63lb...lighter Lynskey in the world!!!

My fantastic Lynskey...is not finish....i have candy c, sram x9 and some other part to change...

Lynskey Pro 29er M
    Fork Wr composity
    R1 carbon 160/140
    kcnc+carbonTi Titanium chainring 36-22
    sram x9 rd
    campa record ant
    xtr 11-32
    tiso headset
    fsa carbon pro bar
    titanium seat post 31,6x410
    tune speedneedle alcantara
    kcnc qr
    sram x0
    kalloy stem
    wtb liser lite+dt revo+crest+xr1+ff

mtbr member
    Stan's ZTR Crest? Dig the specs. I've clearly been out of the loop.

no fat chicks
    is 'speedneedle' the name of the saddle
    get it
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Your scale is smiling

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    Sweet rig, how does the fork perform? Travel? Offset, a-to-c?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Fork is fantastic, stiffer, very performance, with lockout like a wall, 1266 gramms complete of all, travel 80 or 100 ....

mtbr member
    Hey I have that same............ Scale. Unfortunately that's about all I have in common with this thread. I love your bike btw
    SS Rigid =
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    There is no distraction. You only hear the sound of your breath and the crunch of the wheels across the dirt.

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    Grip shift?
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    xo grip shift the be lighest way there is no there comparsion
    REQUIRED : I sell stuff at http://bikesetcbossier.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cmooreboards
    Grip shift...
    ...is the only way to go.

BTW, sweet bike!

How's the crest holding up for you? Easy to mount up?

mtbr member
    Well your mountain bike is lighter then my road bike. Enough said I guess.
    Mary ss shenanigans

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Thank you very much for compliments!!!!
    Yes, i have grip shift, i love it....
    Crest are super, better then 355, my tires love it and are the same stiffer

mtbr member
    Just curious, nice light bike and all, but you ever ride that thing over 3 hours, heck even over 2? Also, what are the trails like you ride? That saddle looks extreemly painful and as a true weight weenie how come you haven't cut the steerer tube donw all the way yet, that's at least another 50-60g maybe even more including spacers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    i have only this byke and i race in xc and marathon, i usually training 3 hours 3 time in week only offroad....
    For steerer is in carbon, if i cut maybe 10 gramms less.....
    This bike is super confortable and very affidable...
    Thanks

mtbr member
    A really nice bike, just looking for a PRO29 Lefty ... for xc marathon.
    I see you're using a M sized bike, what's your height?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by steph26ne
    A really nice bike, just looking for a PRO29 Lefty ... for xc marathon.
    I see you're using a M sized bike, what's your height?
    180cm...

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by marcopelle75
    i have only this byke and i race in xc and marathon, i usually training 3 hours 3 time in week only offroad....
    wasn't there a thread where you posted like 8 or 9 bikes?

mtbr member
    Looks interesting.

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Just curious, nice light bike and all, but you ever ride that thing over 3 hours, heck even over 2? Also, what are the trails like you ride? That saddle looks extreemly painful and as a true weight weenie how come you haven't cut the steerer tube donw all the way yet, that's at least another 50-60g maybe even more including spacers?
    Why don't you lighten up and leave the guy's bike alone?!

Just because he's posted photos does not mean you need to berate him for the choices he's made.

You may differ in your opinion of these parts but that doesn't mean you should state that opinion in such an inflammatory and aggressive manner. Be a better human being and state your thoughts in a positive way.

mtbr member
    Oh I'm sorry, I missed the memo where it said you can only post sweet, honey and sugar comments towards a post by someone about their bike There was nothing agressive, I stated MY opinion about his saddle - IT LOOKS UNCOMFORTABLE AS FVCK - and I'm allowed my opinion. If he didn't want people to pass comments then he shouldn't have posted it.

BooHoo, now I"m gona go cry, cause you were mean and hurt my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by fleanutz
    Why don't you lighten up and leave the guy's bike alone?!

Just because he's posted photos does not mean you need to berate him for the choices he's made.

You may differ in your opinion of these parts but that doesn't mean you should state that opinion in such an inflammatory and aggressive manner. Be a better human being and state your thoughts in a positive way.
    You're doing mtbr wrong, you're supposed to get increasingly offended by the implications that you're doing ANYTHING wrong.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Tune is my favourite seddle, i tryed more and more but for my back and... this is the best, my speedneedle is 3 years old...

mtbr member
    Oh I'm sorry, I missed the memo where it said you can only post sweet, honey and sugar comments towards a post by someone about their bike There was nothing agressive, I stated MY opinion about his saddle - IT LOOKS UNCOMFORTABLE AS FVCK - and I'm allowed my opinion. If he didn't want people to pass comments then he shouldn't have posted it.

This place needs an atta'boy forum where criticism is disallowed.

mtbr member
    Hey Marco, tell some more about that fork, is there a link to their website ?

fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
    When you do go cry, please don't return. Your posts are inane and a worthless attempt to bolster your post count, which is in itself an utterly pathetic cry for attention and recognition.

This is my second and final reply on this thread; I'll PM you should I feel the need to further explain your internet personality defects. I rather enjoy this thread for its original intent.

Based on your original comments regarding this bike, I'd wager a guess that you could never ride such a bike for one of several reasons:
    1. too uncomfortable (since you obviously can't handle a hardtail)
    2. too expensive
    3. too light for your weight
    4. not trendy enough
    5. or, finally, would force you to change your cute "RIP9ing it up..." tagline.

Okay, I'm done. Thanks and enjoy the toilet that internet forums have become as a result of anonymous, faceless bashing of others.

Oh, and PS - nice use of an expletive! How ingenious it was to use the letter V instead of U!! I wish I had thought of that. Your limited vocabulary, which you exhibit by your use of profanity, has further proven the fact that you are of primary school education. You should have just kept your mouth shut instead of proving this fact by opening it.

TaTa!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    This fork is Wrcompositi fork, is build in Wr, 100% italian manufacture, 100% Handbuild in Italy from Wr, Wr is incredible factory (do you know wrm motorcycles? race in supermotard world championship...), they build all in him factory...this fork is the best fork that i test in my life, i had Fox,Reba and Lefty 29er but this is better in all, 1266 gramms complete off all, stiffer, faster, super lockout, simple to adjust, simple to manteince...for me is the best.
    On Wr web site you can find only 26er fork, 29er will be on the web faster.....

Tulsa
    great bike man, are there many other 29ers where you ride and race?
    wherever you go, there you are

mtbr member
    Thx Marco

mtbr member

The wheels..

Hey, NICE bike. Any idea on the weight of the wheels?

mtbr member
    Marco managgia te ghe manda tuti nel panico ....diavolaccio

ghe xe calcuni che i crede che te ghe sbaglia forum , i pensa che la sia na bici da strada .....

mtbr member
    That is a very impressive bike. Congratulations on a nice build.

Could you show a link to WR site please?
    As little bike as possible, as silent as possible.
    Any bike, anywhere, anytime.
    Latitude: 57º36' Highlands, Scotland

mtbr member
    Oh wow, what a clever boy you are, feel better now?

When you do go cry, please don't return. Your posts are inane and a worthless attempt to bolster your post count, which is in itself an utterly pathetic cry for attention and recognition.

This is my second and final reply on this thread; I'll PM you should I feel the need to further explain your internet personality defects. I rather enjoy this thread for its original intent.

Based on your original comments regarding this bike, I'd wager a guess that you could never ride such a bike for one of several reasons:
    1. too uncomfortable (since you obviously can't handle a hardtail) - Own a and ride a rigid, so no.
    2. too expensive - most likely, the most I'll spend on a bike is about $4,500.
    3. too light for your weight - from the looks of those components, most likely, but if you're trying to imply I'm your typical, fat american slob, then no, not quite, I'm 6'2" 174lbs.
    4. not trendy enough - Trends, bah I ride what I like and I like bikes I can ride hard without worrying about sh1t breaking.
    5. or, finally, would force you to change your cute "RIP9ing it up..." tagline. - yeah you figured it out

Okay, I'm done. Thanks and enjoy the toilet that internet forums have become as a result of anonymous, faceless bashing of others.

Oh, and PS - nice use of an expletive! How ingenious it was to use the letter V instead of U!! I wish I had thought of that. Your limited vocabulary, which you exhibit by your use of profanity, has further proven the fact that you are of primary school education. You should have just kept your mouth shut instead of proving this fact by opening it.

TaTa!

recognize the slowness
    Wow,

why does it always come to this.

To the OP...

Nice light setup! I will covet that fork along with the Carbon Lefty for when my wrists can't take the rigid any longer. Probably won't be long...=(.

JB
    "mountain biking and flyfishing, what more do you want?" - Yeah, I said it

mtbr member
    Very nice marcopelle75! Can you please compile a list of your build with weights of the components on your build?

I just went back to gripshifts after 12 years of triggers,and I won't be going back to triggers anytime soon.

banned

1. too uncomfortable (since you obviously can't handle a hardtail)
    2. too expensive
    3. too light for your weight
    4. not trendy enough
    5. or, finally, would force you to change your cute "RIP9ing it up..." tagline.

TaTa!
    Is this a serious post? might not want to wear your feelings on your shirt-sleeve around here.

Formerly of Kent
    I'm not going to jump on your back like some other guys did, but if a saddle fits your body the right way, you really don't need any padding on it.

My saddle is the plastic shell of a Bontrager InForm RL I "totalled" in a road crash. I ripped the tattered cover off, buffed the plastic, and now, I have a saddle I ride 15-20hrs+ a week. To many, it looks like it should hurt, but it fits me perfectly, and with a proper set of bibs, there is absolutely no reason for padding on a saddle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke
    I I have a saddle I ride 15-20hrs+ a week.
    I wish I could put that kind of time in. But I agree, once you find a saddle that works, well it works.

San Diego County
    Quote Originally Posted by protorre
    Marco managgia te ghe manda tuti nel panico ....diavolaccio

ghe xe calcuni che i crede che te ghe sbaglia forum , i pensa che la sia na bici da strada .....
    Humm, something about panic, the devil, wrong forum and road bike?

Looks great to me Marco. I would love to ride that bike

bike tester
    This fork is Wrcompositi fork, is build in Wr, 100% italian manufacture, 100% Handbuild in Italy from Wr, Wr is incredible factory (do you know wrm motorcycles? race in supermotard world championship...), they build all in him factory...this fork is the best fork that i test in my life, i had Fox,Reba and Lefty 29er but this is better in all, 1266 gramms complete off all, stiffer, faster, super lockout, simple to adjust, simple to manteince...for me is the best.

Price?

What is the italian opinion on the FRM 29er fork, did you manage to test one of those?

808+909 = Party Good Time
    For those of you who don't know how to use google here is the info for the fork:

http://www.wrcompositi.it/catalogo.php?prodotto=44#

I had to translate the link with google as I can't get it to go to English, my computer doesn't like the button on their site

"Two years of research and development, two years of tests in competition and training have led us to define the lightest suspension fork and performance that we could build. Smoothness, structural stiffness (in bending and torsion) and ease of maintenance make it a must. Operation air and oil, pluriregolabile both in extension and compression is achieved with or without locking system."

OP that bike looks awesome. Not for me personally but I like your weight weenieness, it's coming along great. Lynskey are the goods.

San Diego County
    Awesome I love my forks to be pluriregolabile

EDIT: That fork is claimed to be 2.686 lbs including the remote. 30mm x 80mm or 100mm. Wow, that's light. I wonder if it's as noodley as a plate-o-pasta?
    Last edited by Duzitall; 02-16-2010 at 10:35 PM.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Awesome I love my forks to be pluriregolabile
    Was wondering if anyone would notice this haha

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by syl3
    Price?

What is the italian opinion on the FRM 29er fork, did you manage to test one of those?
    Price is 1070 euro but is possible buy with sconto...little sconto...
    I had Frm for 1 week and i come back to Fox in the past, i did't like it, is not a real fork...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rojogonzo
    great bike man, are there many other 29ers where you ride and race?
    Just a little, this in last 15 month....all under 9kg.

This is first carbon italian 29er bike ,my project and fom me build....

with this i won 2 xc race

on this you can see the first carbon tubolar 29er wheelset in the world: Eventi9 by dmxpro.it, i am one of the owner about 29er product and this rim is 308 grams, we was on Niner Carbon in Eurobike....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by WindWithMe
    Very nice marcopelle75! Can you please compile a list of your build with weights of the components on your build?

I just went back to gripshifts after 12 years of triggers,and I won't be going back to triggers anytime soon.
    ok
    Frame 1540gr
    wheelset 1461gr
    fork 1266gr
    crankset complete titanium chainring 601gr
    xr1 461gr
    FF 358gr
    candy c 308gr
    kmc 9sl 237gr
    x9 rd 207gr
    xtr 11-32 223gr
    qr 53gr
    titanium seat post 202gr
    seddle 86
    stem 113
    fsa 31,8x620 126gr
    headset Tiso 95gr
    tunne botte cage 7gr
    campagnolo record 78gr
    formula r1 polish+hope floating rotor 160/140 515 gramm
    and i don't remember other parts

mtbr member
    Those bikes are something else marcopelle. Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzitall
    Humm, something about panic, the devil, wrong forum and road bike?

Looks great to me Marco. I would love to ride that bike
    ah ah ah not possible traslete no italian but one dialet venetian ......sorry

Uncle

Oh yes, I remember Italian suspension

Wonder if this company was started by someone who hired all of the former Marzocchi guys that used to build nice forks several years ago. ("Oh no he di'nt!")

Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to take a cheap shot. For the record, I own and use a Marzocchi fork and recommend everyone else do so too.

mtbr member
    Wow marco, thx for the pics of your bikes. I think I need to start playing euromillions......

mtbr member
    My fantastic Lynskey...is not finish....i have candy c, sram x9 and some other part to change...

Lynskey Pro 29er M
    Fork Wr composity
    R1 carbon 160/140
    kcnc+carbonTi Titanium chainring 36-22
    sram x9 rd
    campa record ant
    xtr 11-32
    tiso headset
    fsa carbon pro bar
    titanium seat post 31,6x410
    tune speedneedle alcantara
    kcnc qr
    sram x0
    kalloy stem
    wtb liser lite+dt revo+crest+xr1+ff
    hey Mraco
    ma come ti permetti di postare un telaio...che non è più tuo???

mtbr member
    Imagine that fork in a Niner Air 9 Carbon ......

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mogiorace
    hey Mraco
    ma come ti permetti di postare un telaio...che non è più tuo???
    You are crazy!!!! Gianpaolo

Members who have read this thread: 0