Lynskey owners with sliders: How did you fix your creaky dropouts?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Lynskey owners with sliders: How did you fix your creaky dropouts?

I have a 2010 Lynskey Ridgeline with sliders that I ride single speed. I love the ride, especially with the ridged Niner carbon fork. It's light and comfortable (for a ridged). It climbs incredible. But that is where the happy feeling stop. It appears that my sliders creak and by Lynskey recommendation I applied the graphite dry lube with about 25 nM of torque on the bolts. Still creaky... I'm beside myself. I love the ride, but the noise drives me insane. I'm considering selling it and getting a different frame.

Anyhow, do any of you other Lynskey owners with sliders have creaks? And how did you fix the problem?

Thanks for all your help!
    Grit

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    there is a thread about this in the ss forum

I had the same problem with my ridgeline...I bought the upgrade slider bolt set from paragon, graphite, and tighten to the 25nm...problem solved

Where's Toto?
    Highly recommended...

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/s...-10518581.aspx

I had a 2009.5 that originally came without a brace on the non-drive side chain/seat stay junction. Had some slider slippage as a result. Lynskey took care of me and added the brace. Combined with the Paragon kit, all is well now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I have a 2010 Ridgline,haven't noticed any creaking though. My problem was slippage on the brake side.I discovered that the slot in the frame where the slider fits, was machined to big. I had to send the frame back so that they could resolve the issue.

Ahhh the pain....
    I did 3 things to solve my creaking problem....
    1. buy the upgraged bolt kit from Paragon
    2. Torque to higher specs
    3. Put some anti-sieze on the mating surfaces between the slider and the frame (very little)
    4. Loosen the quick-release while the bike is upright and on the ground, push down on the seat to let the axle naturally find it's home in the dropouts, then tighten. I found if i intentionally moved the axle in the dropouts, I could make it creak.

Creak solved...now if there was an easy fix for tire clearance on the 2010 models!

mtbr member
    Just an FYI that took me too long to solve-
    If you are running the DT RWS bolt thru axle.... They creak like mad. I think it's the outer face of the hubs butted up against the slider edge.

Took me about 4 lbs of grease all over the sliders on my Moots before I realized that the answer was not the new Paragon bolt kit, wasn't the sliders, wasn't' the set screw....
    Was the damned thru bolt.

Oh and as far as I'm concerned- a pair of friggin sliders outa come stock w/ that now silent and sometimes creaky bolt thru.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    Running is for prey.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010

Advice taken

I called Paragon to verify the correct bolt set for my Lynskey. They were awesome by the way. Very informative, helpful and friendly. I ended up ordering the new set MS0023. Which has a burlier head on the screw that is deeper. It allows for deeper insertion of the allen wrench for better grip. Thanks again for all the advice!

Members who have read this thread: 2