Looking for a 29er All Rigid Frame- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Looking for a 29er All Rigid Frame

I am looking to buy an all rigid 29er mountain bike frame. I have tried to look online, but have had relatively little success. Just wondering where I could find a frame no more then 400 dollars, but still be a good frame for mountain biking?
    "Want to ride some more miles...?"

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    bikeisland.com has some Motobecane frames. PerformanceBike has the Access frame.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Don't forget the Razzo

Google "Sette Razzo" ($200), mine has been great. I had it full rigid with a Misfit aluminum fork ($90) and loved the ride. But I set my Carver 96er up with the rigid gear and put gears/Reba on the Razzo. My SS riding area has a lot of hills and the 26" rear wheel is easier to get rolling again when my pedal speed gets real slow on a SS.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tcapri87
    I am looking to buy an all rigid 29er mountain bike frame. I have tried to look online, but have had relatively little success. Just wondering where I could find a frame no more then 400 dollars, but still be a good frame for mountain biking?
    $400 for frame or frame/fork or complete rigid bike?

My first recommendation is that if you're going fully rigid and plan to ride trails, you should look to a steel frame moreso than an aluminum. for frame or frame/fork only, something like a Soma Juice, Surly Karate Monkey, or similar. At that price point, it might be easier to look used as well. If your budget is $400 for a complete bike, you'll most likely be looking at a single speed along the lines of a Redline Monocog, GT Peace 9r, SE Stout, etc.
    Enjoy the ride!

Members who have read this thread: 0