• 08-20-2010
    bmxconvert
    Least expensive quality rigid fork?
    My EMD is currently packed with all the goodies(King at all bearing points, XO, Maverick, Thomson, Salsa...) but I ride my Niner less and less and feel I need to steal the parts off it to throw at another frame.

However, I feel converting the Niner to a single speed rigid would be a ton of fun for my winter slop bike. I have a somewhat limited budget for this project so cost is important. I have no experience in rigid forks other than riding a stock Haro Mary for a while which was just fine.

What would you folks suggest as an inexpensive rigid fork?
    I've debated carbon, and I would like to go that route next spring so suggestions on a lesser expensive price carbon fork would be fantastic too.
  • 08-20-2010
    limba
    I wouldn't buy "cheap" carbon. Blow your money on something awesome (carbon Niner) or stick with Salsa steel.
  • 08-20-2010
    A1an
    You could probably find a good deal on a used Redline fork as well. Those seem to pop up dirt cheap.
  • 08-20-2010
    ianick
    Salsa Chromoto Grande and Vassago ODIS forks seem to get pretty good reviews.

Check the classifieds for exceptional deals as well.
  • 08-20-2010
    todd buckingham
    I'm running the Voodoo fork in the 470mm with very good results on my monocog 29er. It is a little softer on the trail and quicker in the turns IMO.
  • 08-20-2010
    CommuterBoy
    Soul Cycles Dillinger
  • 08-20-2010
    bloo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CommuterBoy
    Soul Cycles Dillinger

+1 these go for $59 new, if i remember correctly.
  • 08-20-2010
    frontierwolf
    Carver 29er Carbon fork at Bikeman. Same basic fork as a White Bros, $189 when I got mine. Decent price for quality Carbon.
  • 08-20-2010
    Dion
    I think I got my steel Kona fork for somewhere near $70. :)