LBS said my Rig is in transit and should be here today...- Mtbr.com
    Nat
    mtbr member

LBS said my Rig is in transit and should be here today...

or tomorrow. [*tinkle!*]

Aug 2004

Yahoo !

Right on Nat,
    You'er gonna be rollin the new big wheels before me...let me know when you get it.
    Jefe'

Sep 2004
    awesome nat, mine should be here soon too. where do you live etc. I am in NC. so maybe mine will be here soon. I hope I atleast have it by the 12hrs. of Razorback in Fla.
    post pics etc. can't wait to hear how it rides. later on, Justin

Cold. Blue. Steel.

Carolina del Norte?

Quote Originally Posted by bikeanddrum
    awesome nat, mine should be here soon too. where do you live etc. I am in NC. so maybe mine will be here soon. I hope I atleast have it by the 12hrs. of Razorback in Fla.
    where in NC are you, Justin?
    i am in Asheville- lately known as "Ash Vegas" lol!
    my local dealer is expecting one pretty soon, but no date given yet. i will be on the big wheels soon (not soon enough)- we should get together for a ride some time.
    Adam
    Spinning and Grinning...

Schipperkes are cool.
    Yup, I have a 15" showing up too.

Scoty
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    Better suited to non-aggressive 125# gals named Russell.
    I ride so slow, your Garmin will shut off.

Sep 2004
    I am actually in northen NC in a town called Mt. Airy, which is actually known as mayberry being that Andy Griffith is from here and based his show on stuff from this town. We have 2 good singletrack loops here but nothing like Asheville etc. My band used to hang out w/ some guys from asheville, I was in a hardcore band called Bloodjinn until I got married now I play indie rock(sell out) hahaha My uncle(s) live in Asheville and I am going to be visiting soon.
    This is my first real singlespeed bike, I have one I have made from an old hardtail but it gives me problems all the time, so I decided to just go ahead and get a real one, I also have a 26"fetish frame built up pretty sweet etc. just sold my full sussers to by the singlespeed. A lot of my riding time is limited so I get more out of my singlespeed rides in less time etc. later on, Justin

Nat
    mtbr member
    I live in Bend, OR. Apparently the bikes came into the US via a west coast port (L.A.?) and are being disseminated from there. Europe got them two weeks ago because they're "a completely separate company" from GF USA.

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    or tomorrow. [*tinkle!*]
    Dammit, 2:35pm and still no call from the shop. Maybe the UPS guy is still down at Roberto's eating his big, fat, burrito?

Bored

Good Luck!!!

I've always found that when I'm waiting for something on the courier, it never shows up when I expect.... I hate that!!!!
    MTBR is serious stuff.
    You never get better until you get out of your comfort zone.

Jackbooted Elitist Hipstr

Rig Going Rate?

What'd they settle on for the MSRP for the Rig?

Nat
    mtbr member
    It's in! It's in! I stopped by the LBS on the way home just now, and it's sitting there in its box. The mechanic had to finish waxing and tuning a pair of skis first, then maybe get to the bike before they close in 2 hours. We opened the box to look at it, and it appears nearly completely assembled. All it needs is to shove the fork in place and get the bar and stem on, then insert the seat post with saddle already mounted. I offered to take it and assemble it myself, but that apparently voids the warranty so I left it. Oh the drama! Oh the agony!

Sep 2004
    that is awesome nat, let me know how it turns out. I am gonna check w/ my LBS tomorrow and hopefully mine is on the way too. your excitement is making me excited hahahahaa. later

Nat
    mtbr member
    that is awesome nat, let me know how it turns out. I am gonna check w/ my LBS tomorrow and hopefully mine is on the way too. your excitement is making me excited hahahahaa. later
    I could be riding it right now if I'd brought it home to assemble it myself. Didn't want to void the warranty though, darn it!

Aug 2004

Take a few deep breaths buddy,

Good news Nat !!!
    I thought you would be sleeping on the grass outside Pine mtn. sports tonight...
    Now your going to be home pacing driving your wife crazy...
    At least you can take the H-Bar off the SS tonight so you're ready for the homecoming
    Jefe'

P.S. My Vulture should look like a bike in a couple more weeks, I don't think I can keep up with the big rig on my 1x1...

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PinsNeedles
    Good news Nat !!!
    I thought you would be sleeping on the grass outside Pine mtn. sports tonight...
    Now your going to be home pacing driving your wife crazy...
    At least you can take the H-Bar off the SS tonight so you're ready for the homecoming
    Jefe'

P.S. My Vulture should look like a bike in a couple more weeks, I don't think I can keep up with the big rig on my 1x1...
    I know, I kind of feel like an expectant father right now. Labor's gone on too long! Induce! Induce!

We're going to have to plan a day ride for when you get the Vulture all together. The only question is, "where?"

Aug 2004

Mrt ?

Hopefully we can hit the river trail, or should we take some time off and go to Moab
    I'll be in my office tomorrow, ride that Rig on over !
    Now try and get some sleep...
    Jefe'

highly visible

First Rig sighting in Portland ...

Saw one at River City Bicycles today, all built up and ready for pickup by some lucky customer. Nice looking bike.

Recovering couch patato
    All new Rig owners, how about thanking your dealer for putting up with your daily "any news?" phonecalls and no-buy drop-by's over the past months, and now order a pair of fat Jones XR tires and a selection of Bontrager tubes? Fisher/Bontrager, IMO, made up for a bit of the rigid fork affair by coming with that fast-looking XR tire so quickly. Other comps need to be begged and threatened, and they just come up with more, and differing, tire choices.
    Klok - XC - Skate - Ski

Members who have read this thread: 0