Knolly Fugitive LT vs Transition Sentinel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Knolly Fugitive LT vs Transition Sentinel

Iíve demoed the transition and loved it. But I was a quick demo with only gravel climbing and pretty much flow style of Descending. But it was a ton of fun.

Iím currently riding a Knolly Endorphin (itís for sale if your looking) and love their frames and company. I havenít been able to ride a fugitive LT though.

Anyone ridden both? If so whatís your thoughts

mtbr member
    PinkBike has a ton of used Sentinels for sale. Not sure if that's a sign of something or not, but no need to pay full price for one.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vikb View Post
    PinkBike has a ton of used Sentinels for sale. Not sure if that's a sign of something or not, but no need to pay full price for one.
    Hereís my honest opinion on why there are so many for sale Vik. The sentinel is an amazing bike but itís not for a new beginner-intermediate rider. From my demo this bike likes to be ridden fast cornered hard and takes a certain finesse. And people buying one in a flat area I think will be disappointed.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Interesting assessment. I've noted that there really does seem to be a disproportionate number of Transitions for sale, particularly when you factor in how relatively small the company is.

I've only ever ridden the Sentinel around the parking lot, so I have no opinion. One of my riding buddies here in Phoenix has one and loves it.
    Just like a raindrop, I was born to fall.

mtbr member
    I was very close to buying a Transition SBG bike but glad I found a great deal on a Pivot Switchblade instead that has more conservative geo. Knolly would be a great choice! This great explanation confirms the issues average riders are having with the long front center geo has to do with the difficulty of front/rear balance. https://youtu.be/UD1ohI4zxxE
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Youtuber Daily MTB Rider posted his ultimate dream build Sentinel in Oct 2018 and a video saying he was selling it in Dec 2018. Experienced rider on Transitions home trails in Bellingham. That seemed really fast/odd in terms of a bike getting flushed out of a rider's fleet. In and of itself you might chalk it up to something random, but with all the other Sentinels for sale it does make you wonder.

Like I posted above OP you can scoop up a Sentinel used at a good price no problem. If you love it you scored a deal and if you don't love it somebody else has taken the depreciation hit and you should be able to resell without much loss.
    Safe riding,

Vik
    www.vikapproved.com

high pivot witchcraft
    Too bad Jerry (aka Legbacon, formerly Travis Bickle) wasn't still with us. I am sure he would have some enlightening and highly entertaining things to say in this thread :-(

In absentia, Jerry's vote is for the Fugitive LT. Over everything.
    2020 Kona Unit
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    Too bad Jerry (aka Legbacon, formerly Travis Bickle) wasn't still with us. I am sure he would have some enlightening and highly entertaining things to say in this thread :-(

In absentia, Jerry's vote is for the Fugitive LT. Over everything.
    What happened to TB? I enjoyed his posts.
    2015 Giant Trance 3
    X-Fusion Sweep RL2 160mm fork
    Straitline Defacto pedals
    Renthal Fatbar with TV 40mm stem
    Ergon Grips

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noose View Post
    What happened to TB? I enjoyed his posts.

https://forums.mtbr.com/general-disc...e-1108095.html

If you've demo'd and love the Sentinel, and you own and [presumably] enjoyed your Endorphin then I'd think either bike would be a safe bet. The Sentinel would possibly have the edge if you're looking for a "big" bike, but the Fugitive would probably be a better all-rounder and certainly more flexible with the various geometry and travel options.