• 04-05-2013
    wahoo29er
    just got a 2012 trek wahoo 29er
    Hey guys, I just bought a new bike andthe wheels on it are crap. I already bent both. I know I can have them trued but they are the at-550 rims which are single wall and I'll just bend them again. Any suggestions on a cheap set (less than 250, I paid 235 for the bike). I'm not even sure if I can buy a double wall rim and replace my spokes/ cassette myself to save money. And if I can get a descent set for less than that it'd be better. Any help/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

About me

I work in the city (philly) but I live in the suburbs so I ride fast uphill and downhill onroad and offroad 6 or 7 days a week. I do jumps and ride down stairs a lot too. My old bike is a gt xcr-5000 which I'll work on in the summer
  • 04-06-2013
    Simpledesign
    Re: just got a 2012 trek wahoo 29er
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wahoo29er View Post

I work in the city (philly) but I live in the suburbs so I ride fast uphill and downhill onroad and offroad 6 or 7 days a week. I do jumps and ride down stairs a lot too.

WTB i19 rims maybe and re-lace your hubs to them....?

That's the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Your pushing your bike harder than was meant I am afraid.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 2