JET 9 Sizing?- Mtbr.com

Thread: JET 9 Sizing?

mtbr member

JET 9 Sizing?

I'm getting dangerously close to laying money down on a 2010 JET 9 frame and I was hoping to get some sizing input from experienced JET 9 riders.

Based on my size I'm kind of right in the middle of small and medium. Dealer I'm working with recommends going with small but I wanted to see what, if any other opinions there are. Hopefully I'll get a test ride in to confirm either way, but nice to hear experienced feedback.

Height .... 5' 8 3/4" (174.6 cm)
    Weight ... 160 lbs (72.6 kg)

So what do you think ... small or medium???

TR
    Angry bunny
    Nowhere near enough information to make a decision.
    Arm length, leg length, thigh length, torso length will all have a bearing.
    My training partner should be a medium Santa Cruz Tallboy from every sizing chart she has looked at and from every discussion she has had with sizing experts.
    She rides a large Tallboy because it fits her.
    She is 5'7" with long legs and arms.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66
    I'm getting dangerously close to laying money down on a 2010 JET 9 frame and I was hoping to get some sizing input from experienced JET 9 riders.

Based on my size I'm kind of right in the middle of small and medium. Dealer I'm working with recommends going with small but I wanted to see what, if any other opinions there are. Hopefully I'll get a test ride in to confirm either way, but nice to hear experienced feedback.

Height .... 5' 8 3/4" (174.6 cm)
    Weight ... 160 lbs (72.6 kg)

So what do you think ... small or medium???
    Would try to sit on both and see what you like, but my wife is 5'8" and has the medium, fits perfect. I have a large, I am 6' and almost should go with the XL I have so much seatpost showing.

mtbr member
    Good points ... I do realize limb and torso lengths come into play, just hoping to hear from current JET riders and get a "general" idea of sizing they went with relating to their height, etc. In the end I guess I will only know for sure after riding both sizes and maybe getting measured.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by kfb66
    Good points ... I do realize limb and torso lengths come into play, just hoping to hear from current JET riders and get a "general" idea of sizing they went with relating to their height, etc. In the end I guess I will only know for sure after riding both sizes and maybe getting measured.

I guess that you know this but niner gives a general idea of sizing on their website.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Based on the limited info you've given, I would recommend getting a medium. But it definitely depends on arm and leg length, (cycling inseam).

I ride a large, and I'm 5'10" with a 34.5" cycling inseam, so I have really long legs and arms.

Members who have read this thread: 0