It's here and done!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

It's here and done!

I got rebit by the MTB bug, got my other bikes in good riding order and decided I had to try a 29er. My favorite and main bike is a 1995 C-dale m500 with an Amp F3XC fork. It weighs about 24# and has a nice NOS set of IRC Piranha Pros on it.

My other bike was an impulse, good deal purchase back in 1996, which I just finished rebuilding the Judy XC and installed a new Fox Vanilla R. It's a Scott Vertigo LSD.

So I've been reading and researcing about the 29ers and was intrigued by the price/components of the Windsor Cliff Pro 29er. I know that there is a lot of distaste for Bikesdirect, but I don't have a problem saving some money, wrenching on my own bikes, and living with my decision. I got a great review from a bunch of riders at trail maintenance day last Saturday. The couple guys I talked to all had very positive things to say and had purchased bikes from BD. Anyway here is the picture essay of the delivery and build. Needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed when I unpacked the box, and then I was pleasantly surprised how easily it went together.

Underneath the cardboard and zip ties is foam and bubble wrap.

Rear Derailer and bars on.

Disc's installed and wheels on.

Done!

The good:

Extra derailer hanger
    Packed well
    Box and contents in great condition
    The derailer & brakes were very easy to adjust
    The real instructions were spot on (Sram derailers, brakes, etc)
    Actually pretty easy to put together

The bad
    Front fork needs air and I don't have a pump
    It will take an adjustment to the rapid fire shifters
    I need to get used to the weight
    No need for the large 29 lettering on the tires

I'll let you know after I get in the woods.
    1995 Cannondale M500, Amp F3XC Fork
    1996 Scott Vertigo LSD (FS), Judy XC Fork
    2009 Windsor Cliff 29 Pro, RS Tora Race

I'm just messing with you
    I just got a new 29er too, with an air fork and no pump. One trip to the LBS and $39.99 later, I had something that should've come with the fork. Oh well.

Enjoy your new bike
    Chasing bears through the woods drunk with a dull hatchet is strongly not advised

Jul 2009
    I bought the same bike a month ago. I love it. Make sure you tighten the seat onto the seatpost really tight. Mine stripped after the first ride even after I thought I had tightened it sufficiently. Enjoy the bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0