IMBA Seeks Advocacy Coordinator- Mtbr.com

Jun 2004

IMBA Seeks Advocacy Coordinator

IMBA Seeks Advocacy Coordinator

For Immediate Release
    01-06-05
    [email protected]
    303-545-9011

The International Mountain Bicycling Association seeks a creative, self-motivated full-time advocacy staff member that will work on local, state and national mountain bike access issues. The position requires strong written and verbal communication skills and experience working with land managers, government agencies and elected officials. Grassroots organizing, marketing, event planning and grant writing are other relevant skills. Ideally the candidate is an avid outdoor enthusiast and has a passion for mountain biking.

Founded in 1988, IMBA has grown to become the world's leading mountain biking organization. Based in Boulder, Colorado, IMBA creates, preserves, and enhances trail opportunities for mountain bikers worldwide. IMBA has 32,000 active supporters, a network of 500 affiliated clubs, 150 corporate members, and more than 75 designated field representatives.

The advocacy coordinator works to empower and develop a vast network of volunteer professional advocates. Staff creates and distributes resources to help our advocates represent IMBA in the field. The coordinator fights brush fires of advocacy crises through writing action alerts, counseling advocates, and designing website resources.

Salary range commensurate with experience starting in the mid $20's. Medical, dental, and deferred comp plan offered. Equal opportunity employer.

Please email cover letter and resume to IMBA's government affairs director Jenn Dice by Thursday, January 27, 2005.

featherweight clydesdale
    The starting salary range of this job should be reason enough for everyone to be an IMBA member.....

mtbr member
    Someone that would take that job for the mid 20's had better be in bad health with bad teeth to take advantage of the bennies.
    A bike by any other name is still a bike.

Who turned out the lights

That's a salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwheel
    Someone that would take that job for the mid 20's had better be in bad health with bad teeth to take advantage of the bennies.
    I wonder how much flexibility they have in the 'upper range' of that salary...I got really excited about the position until I read that starting salary. On the other hand, I would actually be getting paid for what I've currently been doing for free locally.....
    Last edited by Francis; 01-11-2005 at 11:31 AM. Reason: left out two words....think faster than I type

Dec 2004

Not that bad , if you want the job

I know some one who works for the Park Service as an information officer and I think the pay is less than that, he just likes the work. Honestly it doesn't sound like a job to take if you want to buy a three bedroom and an SUV, but I bet who ever takes that job will ride more miles on nicer trails than ten people making a real wage. Oh yea and they will feel like they've done something when they go to bed at night.
    Too bad I ain't got no grant writting skillz, I kinda like Top Ramen.
    Last edited by trail(er)trash; 01-11-2005 at 08:58 PM.

Where's Toto?
    I'm assuming you'd be based in Boulder too (location of IMBA). It's not New York City, but something tells me the mid-$20's is something like poverty + $5. Maybe they forgot to mention commissions? or kickbacks from the sale of memberships and trail maps? free stuff from bike manufacturers? or the extra dollars you'd make at your second job?