Ikon and Ignitor combo

Printable View

• 05-22-2011
    sparkie
    Ikon and Ignitor combo
    I just put on a set of the Ikons and really like them. They roll fast, hook up great and are low weight. My question is has anyone tried a Ignitor up front with a Ikon in the rear? I have a rocky race coming up and wanted a little more bite up front.
  • 05-22-2011
    D1PHAM
    Not that specific combination but Ignitors are awesome as a front tire.
  • 05-23-2011
    GreenLightGo
    Ikon has more volume, for rocks, you'll want that volume up front.
  • 05-23-2011
    Little Willy
    Happened to use that combo recently as I had Ignitors then decided to try out the Ikons.
    Only got one Ikon to start off with and put it out back while I waited for the 2nd tyre.

The Ignitor is better for loose conditions, especially if it gets wet. It's a super dependable tyre, if a little slow in comparison to the Ikon.

Agree about the volume comment - the Ikon is a bit bigger and will be a smoother tyre on rocky terrain, but if it is loose-rocky, I would be keen to get the Ignitor up front for sure.
  • 05-23-2011
    sparkie
    Thanks for the input. I actually thought the Ikon doesn't have the volume I am used to from say, a Schwalbe. Still a great tire.
  • 05-23-2011
    cbrock450
    I suggest running the ikon in the rear and an ardent up front. I was not a fan of the ignitor as a front tire but it's a great rear tire.