If you had to pick one, Ryve 115 or Signal Peak?- Mtbr.com
    dmo
    mtbr member

If you had to pick one, Ryve 115 or Signal Peak?

I know...another what bike, this vs that bike question but indulge me for just a minute or two. Grab a big grain of salt and tell me if you were going to pick one which would it be, the Spot Ryve 115 or the Fezzari Signal Peak 29.

Dont consider price, warranty or cust serv. Rather if you were looking for a short travel (no more than 120/120) bike to cover all the various shades of XC - racing, flowy xc, tech rooty rocky NE xc - which would you pick and why.

Im not looking for a quiver killer. Im looking for an efficient bike that can be raced as well as ridden hard on fast group rides without beating up my 45 yo body. Im about 150lbish so dont break stuff but still want the bike to be stiff enough so as not to get bounced around the more tech trails i may find myself riding down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Looks like Fezzari is threaded BB and Spot is PF. Meaningless to me, as I like both just fine, but for some people it's a deal breaker. The Fezz has a 1 degree steeper HTA, that would put me on the Spot, but I don't race XC, so that would have to be your call. They're close enough that I'd have to ride both. If only one was available to ride, and I liked it, that would be the one I'd get.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo View Post
    I know...another what bike, this vs that bike question but indulge me for just a minute or two. Grab a big grain of salt and tell me if you were going to pick one which would it be, the Spot Ryve 115 or the Fezzari Signal Peak 29.

Dont consider price, warranty or cust serv. Rather if you were looking for a short travel (no more than 120/120) bike to cover all the various shades of XC - racing, flowy xc, tech rooty rocky NE xc - which would you pick and why.

Im not looking for a quiver killer. Im looking for an efficient bike that can be raced as well as ridden hard on fast group rides without beating up my 45 yo body. Im about 150lbish so dont break stuff but still want the bike to be stiff enough so as not to get bounced around the more tech trails i may find myself riding down.
    Highly specific question demanding precise answer, post a link to the specific models you're asking about to make it easier for people to respond.

After looking at the geo charts, not factoring in price, components, or anything else, the Spot gets my vote based on geometry.

Less aggressive STA (I don't need/want a 76 STA on a short travel trail bike), slacker HTA (after going from 71 to 69 to 68, I see no drawbacks. A little more would be welcome), longer reach- shorter stems are great, bring it on. Short chainstays and a long reach are key points for me.

Tire clearance would also factor in for me, didn't see the specifics at a glance. I'm not looking to run 2.6's but room for 2.4's would be nice.

Only negative of the Spot would be 5mm longer chainstays. Functionally irrelevant, fun factor diminished 5%. Other variables far outweigh that.

For reference I'm 6'3", 205, Cat 1 racer, prefer to ride my SS when possible but, endurance race bike is a Kona Hei Hei CR/DL 120/100. Impressively fast and capable bike. I highly value pedaling efficiency but I also want to have fun.

I get what your after and agree it's a great mix of "race worthy fun bike" or "fun bike that's race worthy". Luckily for you, you aren't abusive or prone to breaking shit.

I recently rode the Ibis Ripley (130/120) with full XTR group and carbon wheels, impressive bike! I'm not looking to replace my Hei Hei, but that Ripley was fast, fun, and capable. If I was shopping this would be very high on my list.

I hate to say it but searching "downcountry" might yield a bunch of other bikes in this category.
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.