Ibis Ripley LS on Sale- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2018

Ibis Ripley LS on Sale

I'm looking for advice on buying an Ibis Ripley LS on sale.

I currently ride an entry level hardtail Salsa and want to upgrade after renting a demo Ibis Ripley LS with GX components this weekend.

The rental shop sells all of their rental demo bikes at the end of each season at a nice discount. They want $3,200 for it at the end of the season but it sells as-is. It seems like it's in good shape so far but it's not guaranteed to remain in great shape. They estimated it will only have about 200 miles on it though.

I loved the bike and the price is right but I'm not sure how I feel about putting down a deposit now for that much without knowing the shape it'll end up in.

Do you think it's worth it for the deal?
    Does the price seem as good to you guys as it does to me?

What advice do you have for me to be able to get my hands on one at a discount? End of season sales? Call resorts and bike shops around September? Anything else?
    Last edited by dddfg44; 06-29-2018 at 09:36 AM.

pyroclastic flow
    can you get your money back if it isn't in great shape?
    "THE FACT IS THIS FRICTION WILL ONLY BE WORN BY PERSISTENCE"
    2009 PIVOT MACH 4
    2018 IBIS RIPLEY LS

Elitest thrill junkie
    Given the use, Id make em replace all the bearings, shock bushings, headset and crank bearings, hub bearings if they are replaceable cartridge, etc. Fork oil and rear shock bath should be changed. These are all consumables that should be replaced after a season of use.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    If ok buying a 2016 or 2017 might be able to find a new closeout frame in your size swtich some parts over get some new parts and be in for same or less than the demo bike.

Also the shop your buying from is someone you know who takes care of their customers probably worthwhile.
    XC, Road, XXC, Endurance, Mtn, All-Mtn, Cross, Gravel, just go have fun on 2 wheels!