Ibis Mojo 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ibis Mojo 29er

Naturally Organic

Idea! Ibis Mojo 29er

This would be an incredible bike, IMO. I would be all over a full suspension Ibis 29er. I have seen a post with info from Hans about a new Ibis project and another from DW stating 3-years in the process...hmm...(some are thinking Tranny 29er...maybe?).

Any other info or updates, post here.

Delirious Tuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce9er
    This would be an incredible bike, IMO. I would be all over a full suspension Ibis 29er. I have seen a post with info from Hans about a new Ibis project and another from DW stating 3-years in the process...hmm...(some are thinking Tranny 29er...maybe?).

Any other info or updates, post here.
    Wild guess but DW might not be involved in the Tranny version.

i think there was a thread along these lines previously where one of the Ibis guys came out and said they had something in the works... search is your friend.

mtbr member
    I can't see Ibis doing a suspended 29er. No real point. If you look at the race results, 26 is the way to go. A 29er Tranny? Here's hoping. Scott Nichol has been riding a 69er version of the Tranny, so maybe.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon
    If you look at the race results, 26 is the way to go.
    What race results? Like the National championships? Men's cross country and short track both won on a full suspension 29er.

Front Range Cyclist
    I can't see Ibis doing a suspended 29er. No real point. If you look at the race results, 26 is the way to go. A 29er Tranny? Here's hoping. Scott Nichol has been riding a 69er version of the Tranny, so maybe.
    You can 69 a tranny?

Seriously I've wondered if you could. I really like the Tranny, road it at Interbike last year but I love riding a 69er. Liked my Carver just wish it was longer. If you can 69 the tranny I know what my next frame is and last hardtail ever.
    In the immortal words of Socrates..."I drank what?"

Facebook.com/monstercrosser
    Twitter: @monstercrosser

Naturally Organic

Wink Ibis <3 29ers...

Quote Originally Posted by thefriar
    Wild guess but DW might not be involved in the Tranny version.

i think there was a thread along these lines previously where one of the Ibis guys came out and said they had something in the works... search is your friend.
    I did search before starting this thread. I saw the thread regarding the Tranny in the 29er forum and a Mojo 29er in the Ibis Forum (as well as other threads). Thought an Ibis Mojo 29er thread was appropriate for the 29er forum...
    What other searches would you recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    Ibis heart 29rs.

There.

Are you happy now

We've been riding them for a while and agree, they do some things really well. We are not down on, against, or resistant to them.

We will make one. When it comes out it will be really good. It's going to be quite a while.

We can't reveal what it will be, but it's not like any of our other bikes.

The Tranny would be perfect for 29r..... We'll see...

Cheers!
    Hans
    It was edited regarding the Tranny...Reason for edit: Getting convinced on the Tranny 29er...
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    Something very new and very awesome (IMHO), that's been in development for over 3 years.
    Slight of hand? Trickery? Misdirection? I do not know...inter-resting...
    I agree, what would DW have to do with the Tranny...

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    They are doing both. A full suspension 29'er and a 29'er Tranny.

edit: prolly about a year or so out though is what I heard.
    Kappius Components Ambassador - Ping me a note for a discount code

Naturally Organic

Sweet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces
    They are doing both. A full suspension 29'er and a 29'er Tranny.

edit: prolly about a year or so out though is what I heard.
    Any links? Is the info posted on MTBR or other sites? Any other info greatly appreciated. Thanks.

not so super...
    What would make an Ibis FS 29'r better than anything else already available?
    Nothing to see here.

Naturally Organic

Good job! Well...

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Mono Carbon DW-Link with lines that are second to none...FWIW, IMO, YMMV, AFAIK, IIRC, AFAIC...FTW!

Edit: I never posted or claimed "better"...others may have...if you play favorites, the other bikes in the stable get jealous...

Delirious Tuck
    I'd rather have the DW Sultan, no carbon to crush when I miss a skinny over a rock garden.

Peace & Love
    the ruh-tarded high standover dummy...hopefully it would be even worse on the 29er version on the other hand, maybe stoopid carbon is more forgiving on the huevos so it may be a non issue

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Perhaps the fact that it is rated as one of the top 26er full suspension bikes made? http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/allmtn...7_1547crx.aspx

I would think it would translate well to a 29er.

A few have modified the 26 inch version to 650B with positive results.

If I had the dough re me, and they made a 29er, I would consider it.
    My brain went from "you probably shouldn't say that" to WTF!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BiknBob
    What race results? Like the National championships? Men's cross country and short track both won on a full suspension 29er.
    One rider does not make a for a preponderance of evidence. TW would have most likely won those races if he were on a 26, 650B or 29. Out of all the Trek riders on factory machines (Radioshack) it was the 26 that smashed the course record on the Leadville. The losing riders on the team were all riding 29ers. Trek and Spec are throwing a heap of money at the 29er movement but like most things in MTB ing it's spin. Downhillers all agree 29ers don't suit their riding and Lopes is still making younger riders eat his dust riding a 26 Mojo. A 29 Tranny makes sense but a Mojo with weaker and heavier wheels? Nah!

more skier than biker
    Nov 2006
    Any links? Is the info posted on MTBR or other sites? Any other info greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    sorry i have no e-information

I got my beta the old-school way: i shared a beer after a good ride and talked to them
    Kappius Components Ambassador - Ping me a note for a discount code

Naturally Organic

Just My Opinion

One rider does not make a for a preponderance of evidence. TW would have most likely won those races if he were on a 26, 650B or 29. Out of all the Trek riders on factory machines (Radioshack) it was the 26 that smashed the course record on the Leadville. The losing riders on the team were all riding 29ers. Trek and Spec are throwing a heap of money at the 29er movement but like most things in MTB ing it's spin. Downhillers all agree 29ers don't suit their riding and Lopes is still making younger riders eat his dust riding a 26 Mojo. A 29 Tranny makes sense but a Mojo with weaker and heavier wheels? Nah!
    Not sure how anything could be proven either way, but the same TW reasoning and logic could be applied to LL, IMO. With his strength & conditioning, if LL was comfy riding a 29er, I believe he would have still won...let the flamers begin...

Edit: And beaten the course record, possibly by more time...

mtbr member
    Not sure how anything could be proven either way, but the same TW reasoning and logic could be applied to LL, IMO. With his strength & conditioning, if LL was comfy riding a 29er, I believe he would have still won...let the flamers begin...

Edit: And beaten the course record, possibly by more time...

LL said himself because of size he chose the 26. End of the day fast riders beat slower riders and the rest is marketing kool aid.

tl1
    Bicyclist

Who cares?

Until it's a production bike for sale it's just more hopeful vaporware.

Naturally Organic

... and if we just ... Dizzy?

LL said himself because of size he chose the 26. End of the day fast riders beat slower riders and the rest is marketing kool aid.
    Same has been said about 29" tires...TW, CD, JHK, etc...
    Agreed, fast riders beat slower riders...

As long as were quoting...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenBerrecloth
    DB: "Oh yes, I’m full on the 29′er program. I think it would be awesome if they gave me a 29′er downhill bike, I think that’s the future. Sure, there’s some limitations and drawbacks such as wheel stiffness, especially for the riding I do as I need really strong stuff but for the most part I think it would be pretty cool to be rolling over stuff that you couldn’t usually roll over."
    ^ not an actual post on MTBR...it is a quote from DB on Descent World...
    Going in circles makes people dizzy...

Naturally Organic

Cool-blue Rhythm Test?

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    on the other hand, maybe stoopid carbon is more forgiving on the huevos so it may be a non issue
    This theory can be tested real easily...if you're into that sort of thing...

Naturally Organic

Hope Ghey

This theory can be tested real easily...if you're into that sort of thing...
    Before Fo beats me to it..."testing theories is so ghey"
    Agreed!

Naturally Organic

Wink I do, too...

Quote Originally Posted by tl1
    Who Cares?
    You do. Thank you for taking the time to view and post.

Naturally Organic
    Any updates from Ibis? Is this bike present? If anyone at I-bike has any info, please post! TIA!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    A Tranny HD 29er with super short stay.. low bb.. slack HA..would be interesting!

Naturally Organic

Cool-blue Rhythm 2011...the year of Ibis (29er)...?!?

I know there have been rumors and speculation. I know others have asked and received correspondence. Here is the reply I received.

I am excited about an Ibis 29er, even if it may not be called a Carbon Mojo. Now we have a better idea that it is a FS with DW-Link (heard rumors of split-pivot). And I like the idea that it is nothing that the world has seen before (although any Ibis 29er would fit that label).

Quote Originally Posted by askchuck
    We are indeed working on a 29er. We'll announce more about it in the future, but I'm not sure when. It'll be suspension, dw-link, but nothing the world has seen before.
    We want to have them available in numbers next year. The announcement will happen on our website and the mail list and Facebook hopefully simultaneously. Unless something gets leaked.
    Scot

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    cool. More +lightweight+ good-pedaling+ FS +29ers= Excellent!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Kiwisimon come on now that is a dumb statement that radio shack won on a 26er= Levi was a man among boys at that race he would have won regardless of what he road come on now he ride's at the hiest level there is for cycling .Much higher than everbody that was in that race.Any way back on topic a Ibis carbon 29 fs would be kool, due tell I hear they R coming out june 20011

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That would be rad!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sultan has 18.2 chainstay and head angle of 69.5. No thanks if you want a quick handling 29er.

Quote Originally Posted by thefriar
    I'd rather have the DW Sultan, no carbon to crush when I miss a skinny over a rock garden.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by 1max2nv
    Sultan has 18.2 chainstay and head angle of 69.5. No thanks if you want a quick handling 29er.
    I'd expect that answer from someone who has never ridden one.
    Nothing to see here.

Expert Crasher
    Good one
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Glorified Hybrid Owner
    Dec 2005
    I love the Ibis Mojo!!!

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerRacer
    ... I hear they R coming out june 20011
    Wow, now that's a projection. Hope it comes with pontoons to handle the water-covered planet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    After having just spent 5 days riding one in Fruita and Moab, I'd say that is a somewhat fair statement.

At speed (think down hill jeep road portion of Porcupine Rim) it tracked like it was on rails but as soon as things slowed down and got technical (think beginning uphill portion of Moore Fun) I couldn't seem to keep the front end from wandering off line to save my life.

mtbr member
    If their is one bike I would love to see and/or buy it is a 29er FS from Ibis.

Erik

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I don't need to ride a bike to know what the bike is intended for. All I have to do is look up the bike on the manufacture's website. Sultan is a trail bike/all mountain bike according to the website. If it's a quick handling XC racer than Turner should advertise it as one. If it's quick handling XC racer then somebody at Turner marketing department should be fired.

Unless you can defy physics, it's not a quick handling 29er. It's made with longer wheelbase, slack HA, good amount of travel and burly at 30lbs.

Race your Sultan at XC races and post up your podium results. Next you probably going to tell me that Turner DHR is a great climber. And no I haven't ridden a DHR either.

Last edited by 1max2nv; 10-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    willets brand has been making/made 'ibis' 29ers from the very beginning.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I don't need to ride a bike to know what the bike is intended for. All I have to do is look up the bike on the manufacture's website. Sultan is a trail bike/all mountain bike according to the website. If it's a quick handling XC racer than Turner should advertise it as one. If it's quick handling XC racer then somebody at Turner marketing department should be fired.

Unless you can defy physics, it's not a quick handling 29er. It's made with longer wheelbase, slack HA, good amount of travel and burly at 30lbs.

Race your Sultan at XC races and post up your podium results. Next you probably going to tell me that Turner DHR is a great climber. And no I haven't ridden a DHR either.
    Don't tell my friend who took 3rd in the Inter Mountain Cup Series that the Sultan is not a XC bike.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Members who have read this thread: 0