Ibex Maroc 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: Ibex Maroc 29er

mtbr member

Ibex Maroc 29er

I have been reviewing an Ibex Maroc 29er. Keep in mind. this review is from my perspective only. The spec is great. This is the bike...http://www.ibexbikes.com/Gallery_MRC29.html. When I first got it, I noticed that the chainstays were extremely close to the 2.2 Wolverine. I rode it a short ride and it rubbed just a wee bit. I was then sent a Nanoraptor to put on the rear. I mounted it and it had plenty of room. This past weekend I rode it extensively both on a trail and at a construction area near me with lots of drops and ledges.. I was blown away with the fork (Reba RLT), the brakes (Elixir CR) and the 2X10 Sram drive-train. The frame is carbon fiber along with the seatpost (RaceFace) and the H-Bar (RaceFace) It rode great, climbed like a goat, and descending as good if not better than some much more expensive bikes I have ridden. The 29er mutes a lot of the trail chatter as does the CF frame. I jumped it through a series of 2-3 foot drops at the construction area and felt no flex at all. I ain't a lightweight either. I am between 260-270lbs depending on the day of the week. The WTB Laser Disc Lite wheels held up admirably with me on the rocky rooted up trail that I rode, along with no problems doing the drops and ledges at the construction area. Nary a wobble. I have to say, I am no fanboi of Ibex and was surprised that I was allowed to review one. I understand this is a very short time for a review but I will keep reporting back on it as I get more rides in. BTW, the Wolverine 2.2 is a great tire teamed with the Nanoraptor.
    Last edited by taterbug; 05-30-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    Currently reviewing an Ibex Maroc 29er

mtbr member
    Here are some pics

mtbr member
    I have to say that after getting a 2.1 Nanoraptor to go on the rear, the bike has performed solidly. I was going to take it out to one of the local trails this past Sunday but it rained quite alot and the trails were muddy. I will get it out this weekend.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    You still running this IBEX around?

How it going for you after a few more months?

Had it on twisty turning tight stuff?

(I am allowed to post into a review - sorry if not)

Cheers,
    Steve

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Also Wondering

I also would like to know how this bike is holding up. I noticed a bunch of reviews posted online with now followup reports.

Members who have read this thread: 0