Im Helix! thanks dear Santa :-)- Mtbr.com
    MIN
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Im Helix! thanks dear Santa :-)

Hi guys, its only a provisional assembly....

regards!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -linskey-pro-29-003.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nice bike.
    Where is this garage door?

MIN
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Im Helix...

Menorca, Balearic Islands, Spain...;-)

Map Maker
    what is the benefit of running twisted tubes?
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    nice bike...
    what stem are you running?
    is it -17 degrees?
    again, nice bike...

mtbr member
    That thing looks GREAT!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Twisted tube lovers unite! Nice bike

the test dummy
    sick bike dude, no get us some riding shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Great bike- what size is the frame? Small?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    what is the benefit of running twisted tubes?
    More rigid

MIN
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    the stem is a Specialized -18

the size is S

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Nice bike.

Hope to see it soon at any 24h race ;-)

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    24h race, are you grazy??? jajajajaja

this bike is to buy bread

mtbr member
    Twisted tubes are more rigid?

Looks more cosmetic than anything else.

mtbr member
    I also own a PRO29 and I can tell you that compared to the other 29er's I've ridden, the helix tubed frame is MUCH stiffer up front. Not a gimmick.

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ndbike
    I also own a PRO29 and I can tell you that compared to the other 29er's I've ridden, the helix tubed frame is MUCH stiffer up front. Not a gimmick.
    can I ask what the other frames were?

mtbr member
    Voodoo Bokor29 7005 aluminum, Voodoo Soukri Reynolds 631 steel, Zion 737 4130CrMo, Salsa Mariachi Ti, Gary Fisher Paragon aluminum.

The stiffness of the helix tubes is something that possibly a suspension fork covers up a little, but with a rigid fork (most of the above named were also ridden at some point with a rigid fork too) it is very noticeable in my opinion.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The point is...who wants a frame so stiff it loosens your fillings? A good frame design by contrast offers vertical compliance for rider comfort and lateral stiffness for energy transfer. As discussed many times, the twisted frame is a gimmick. Lynkskey could also make the twisted rails more compliant by decreasing wall or overall diameter as well.
    By contrast a round tube frame can be tank like stiff as well by increasing wall section. But that isn't the objective.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't say it will knock your fillings out, but with a rigid fork it is very stiff (vertically and laterally) up front. Out back it is very nice and compliant vertically and that contributes to why I like the frame. With a suspension fork, the frame is laterally rigid and the fork makes it vertically comfortable. It is a point and shoot kind of ride because of the frame rigidity up front while having good lateral resistance to pedal input. I can only assume the 2011 ones will be even more so with the oversized head tube, downtube, wider BB shell and the plate ends of the chainstays.

It's my personal opinion, but then again, I've ridden one. The helix debate reminds me of the 26 vs 29 debate when people who had never even ridden a 29er were giving out opinions on how they ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I wouldn't say it will knock your fillings out, but with a rigid fork it is very stiff (vertically and laterally) up front. Out back it is very nice and compliant vertically and that contributes to why I like the frame. With a suspension fork, the frame is laterally rigid and the fork makes it vertically comfortable. It is a point and shoot kind of ride because of the frame rigidity up front while having good lateral resistance to pedal input. I can only assume the 2011 ones will be even more so with the oversized head tube, downtube, wider BB shell and the plate ends of the chainstays.

It's my personal opinion, but then again, I've ridden one. The helix debate reminds me of the 26 vs 29 debate when people who had never even ridden a 29er were giving out opinions on how they ride.
    What matters is you like it. I am not a fan of super stiff frames is all...which includes road bikes as well...opt for slightly lower modulus CF in the Look line because I like compliancy. I don't like a super stiffly strung tennis racket or X-stiff golf shafts either.
    So it is personal preference at the end of the day. I like the ride of the other bikes mentioned. If your Lynskey is stiffer than I wouldn't prefer it is all.
    I will say it is quite distinctive to look at and if you like it...all that matters.
    As to the 26/29er analogy...some here believe that 29ers are better than 26ers. I don't. I prefer a 29er for training but if racing for money, it would be on a carbon fiber 26er.
    Enjoy your Lynskey and no offense.

get down!
    with the proper 29er dentist all of this filling talk is moot

sweet bike
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

1*14*29*2.1 & 1*1*29*2.4
    Nov 2009
    Voodoo Bokor29 7005 aluminum, Voodoo Soukri Reynolds 631 steel, Zion 737 4130CrMo, Salsa Mariachi Ti, Gary Fisher Paragon aluminum.

The stiffness of the helix tubes is something that possibly a suspension fork covers up a little, but with a rigid fork (most of the above named were also ridden at some point with a rigid fork too) it is very noticeable in my opinion.
    Thanks...I find the comparisons interesting. I have a custom ti frame coming, and I'll be keen to see how it compares to my current Ox steel frame, which is a bit loose in the front. I never find it a problem though - when cornering I load the front and the rear trails behind. Feels a little odd at times though.

mtbr member
    That is a nice clean build, good job. Your photo is motivating me to ride my Ti bike more.
    Got LEFTY?
    -2019 C'dale SuperSlateX
    -2017 Cdale Scalpel Carbon 3
    -2014 Cdale Bad Boy 1

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Never been a big fan of the aesthetic of the twisted tubes, guess I'm getting old. That however is one great looking ride twisted tubes or not, well played!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    where do I know that bike from? XD
    Gorgeous!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider7
    Enjoy your Lynskey and no offense.
    None taken.

mtbr member

Quote of the day- I am always amazed at how many people have impressions on the Helix tubing and yet have never ridden one.

Members who have read this thread: 0