Hub and/or wheel flex?- Mtbr.com
    jrm
    mtbr member

Hub and/or wheel flex?

When i installed the rotor i did everything to spec. As the rotor was bedding in it was fine. Then after it heated up it started to drag a little bit so i re-aligned the caliper and pads and played with the QR pressure.

After this the rotor was pulsating through the lever under braking. When i stopped and spun the wheel it was perfect. But when i got on the bike and pedalled the rotor would lightly rub the pads.

This is on a 293 using the OE wheelset.

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    When i installed the rotor i did everything to spec. As the rotor was bedding in it was fine. Then after it heated up it started to drag a little bit so i re-aligned the caliper and pads and played with the QR pressure.

After this the rotor was pulsating through the lever under braking. When i stopped and spun the wheel it was perfect. But when i got on the bike and pedalled the rotor would lightly rub the pads.

This is on a 293 using the OE wheelset.
    '05 Avid brake/rotor? That 'might' explain the pulsing.

If not, sounds like you need to have the disc tabs faced by your LBS.

MC

jrm
    mtbr member

its an 06 cleansweep rotor

Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    '05 Avid brake/rotor? That 'might' explain the pulsing.

If not, sounds like you need to have the disc tabs faced by your LBS.

MC
    can the disc tabs work fine with a 160mm rotor but then be off for a 185mm rotor? So the wheel isnt impacting the rotor rub?

Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm
    can the disc tabs work fine with a 160mm rotor but then be off for a 185mm rotor? So the wheel isnt impacting the rotor rub?
    Sounds like the rotor is warped. You can true it with a crescent wrench. Spin your wheel and watch were the rotor touches the pad. Mark that spot with a felt pen. Then take a crescent wrench and persuade the rotor in the correct position. I emphasize “persuade” do not “honk”.

Members who have read this thread: 0