HSP Dirty Kanza 200 - 29er friendly epic event- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    What's up Dut?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    361

    HSP Dirty Kanza 200 - 29er friendly epic event

    Hey all~

    Heartland Sports Promotions proudly presents the Dirty Kanza 200. An epic 200 mile marathon event. It will be held on May 20th, 2006. And registration is now open....

    click here -----> http://www.heartlandrace.com/index2.htm

    It will be a great time!

    Check out www.heartlandrace.com for updates and other information.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    no fat chicks
    Reputation: iliketoridebikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    774
    is the dirty kanza anything like the flint hills death ride
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

  3. #3
    What's up Dut?
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    361
    This is the first year that we are offering such an ride. I have not heard of that "Death Ride" so, I did a google on the Flint Hills Death ride and found an old website that boasted the ride to be about 70+ miles. Ours will be 200 miles. There will be lots of gravel roads and possibly some other fun stuff. It will be an epic ride of epic proportions. Not intended for the weak minded or beginner riders. Limited to the first 50 entrants...

    Check out www.heartlandrace.com for all of the up-to-date info.

    Thanks for asking.

  4. #4
    C-Hog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    458

    Sort of, but not really...

    Quote Originally Posted by iliketoridebikes
    is the dirty kanza anything like the flint hills death ride
    The Dirty Kanza 200 will be just like the Flint Hills Death Ride... if you did the Death Ride three times in a row, without stopping. A full course map should be on our website within the next few days. Here is a brief description...

    95% gravel roads / 5% paved.
    Start: Emporia Travelodge, Emporia, KS
    Go north, then west to Council Grove, KS. (Mile 50)
    Leave Council Grove traveling southwest, then south to Cottonwood Falls, KS. (Mile 100)
    Leave Cottonwood Falls traveling south to Eureka, KS. (Mile 150)
    Leave Eureka heading east, then north, through Madison, KS (Mile 180), then through Olpe, KS (Mile 190), and finish back at the Emporia Travelodge. (Mile 200)

    A small portion of the stretch between Cottonwood Falls and Eureka has been used in previous years on the Flint Hills Death Ride. As you probably already know, this area is extremely remote. You will want to be prepared for anything and everything.

    Full details can be found at www.heartlandrace.com

    Registration is now open. Participation will be limited to the first 50 entries. We expect this to fill up fast, so get to the website, fill out your entry and get it in the mail.

    Host hotel is the Emporia Travelodge. Call 620-343-2200, and tell them you are a Dirty Kanza participant to receive a special discounted rate.

    Hope to see many of you in Emporia, KS on May 20th.

    Jim C.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    173

    don't forget us canucks

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Hog
    The Dirty Kanza 200 will be just like the Flint Hills Death Ride... if you did the Death Ride three times in a row, without stopping. A full course map should be on our website within the next few days. Here is a brief description...

    95% gravel roads / 5% paved.
    Start: Emporia Travelodge, Emporia, KS
    Go north, then west to Council Grove, KS. (Mile 50)
    Leave Council Grove traveling southwest, then south to Cottonwood Falls, KS. (Mile 100)
    Leave Cottonwood Falls traveling south to Eureka, KS. (Mile 150)
    Leave Eureka heading east, then north, through Madison, KS (Mile 180), then through Olpe, KS (Mile 190), and finish back at the Emporia Travelodge. (Mile 200)

    A small portion of the stretch between Cottonwood Falls and Eureka has been used in previous years on the Flint Hills Death Ride. As you probably already know, this area is extremely remote. You will want to be prepared for anything and everything.

    Full details can be found at www.heartlandrace.com

    Registration is now open. Participation will be limited to the first 50 entries. We expect this to fill up fast, so get to the website, fill out your entry and get it in the mail.

    Host hotel is the Emporia Travelodge. Call 620-343-2200, and tell them you are a Dirty Kanza participant to receive a special discounted rate.

    Hope to see many of you in Emporia, KS on May 20th.

    Jim C.
    Man you just have to give us canadians a chance to get in.Our postal system mixed with yours is a big handycap for us so how about giving us a week to get the apps your way.Either that or it's not really much point in us sending them as your locals can snail mail them in two days.
    Thanks for hearing me out.
    Dallas Sigurdur
    Winnipeg,Manitoba

  6. #6
    C-Hog
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    458

    Check your Private Messages...

    Quote Originally Posted by dmsigurdur
    Man you just have to give us canadians a chance to get in.Our postal system mixed with yours is a big handycap for us so how about giving us a week to get the apps your way.Either that or it's not really much point in us sending them as your locals can snail mail them in two days.
    Thanks for hearing me out.
    Dallas Sigurdur
    Winnipeg,Manitoba
    Dallas,
    Check your Private Messages.
    Jim Cummins

  7. #7
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,254

    Well, here goes!

    Sending mine off in the mail today! We'll see what happens!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

    Blog
    RidingGravel.com

  8. #8
    your ankles are fat
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    335

    hope my Reg. makes it in time

    ...sent my reg. in early Mon morning....now we see how well Canada Post and the USPS work together...

    Jim @ HSP, please, please, please wait for my reg to arrive before closing registration...please!

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.