How big does Mama like it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How big does Mama like it?

A new Big Mama frame size L is on the way and now I need to determine what fork to put on what bike. The forks in question are a F29 100 rlc and a Fox F29 120 RLC qr15 with FIT. The 120 is currently set up on an xl Lenz Leviathan 4" which rides nicely, BUT also rode nicely with a reba 100mm and 38mm offset. I havd not tried the 100mm
    Fox on the Lenz. I'm building big mama as a 1x9 to mostly ride flowy singletrack with moderate drops less than 3 ft. Which fork setup would you utilize if these were your options?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    100 mm fork. Thats what the Stock Mama's come in so go with that.

knock-knock...
    Mama?

Big? oh no...

i smell a rat-Patrick Henry

Harmonius Wrench
    I've run 120mm forks on the Big Mama for quite some time. First a rock Shox reba Team Maxle Lite and now this Manitou Minute. The bike rides quite nicely set up this way and your stated riding desires would match up well with the 120mm fox 15QR fork. I'd say go for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How big does Mama like it?-novembertest1-004.jpg  

Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHomer
    A new Big Mama frame size L is on the way and now I need to determine what fork to put on what bike. The forks in question are a F29 100 rlc and a Fox F29 120 RLC qr15 with FIT. The 120 is currently set up on an xl Lenz Leviathan 4" which rides nicely, BUT also rode nicely with a reba 100mm and 38mm offset. I havd not tried the 100mm
    Fox on the Lenz. I'm building big mama as a 1x9 to mostly ride flowy singletrack with moderate drops less than 3 ft. Which fork setup would you utilize if these were your options?
    My Big Mama does everything I ask of it with a 100mm Minute. I really like its responsiveness in the twisties. Still plenty stable for the faster and steeper stuff.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Members who have read this thread: 0