Hot Off The Press New Lynskey Ridgeline 23.65 Pounds- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Hot Off The Press New Lynskey Ridgeline 23.65 Pounds

first i want to thank mike at lynskey for all the help with this frame. This bike was a blast to build up. its a 1x9 with a motified FSA afterburner crank. just wanted to share this sweet build
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hot Off The Press New Lynskey Ridgeline 23.65 Pounds-lynskey.jpg  

Hot Off The Press New Lynskey Ridgeline 23.65 Pounds-weight.jpg  

Hot Off The Press New Lynskey Ridgeline 23.65 Pounds-cranks.jpg  

REQUIRED : I sell stuff at http://bikesetcbossier.com

808+909 = Party Good Time
    That bike is mint!

mtbr member
    looks like 26" wheels

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    how is the 2010 ridgeline? been thinking about getting a lynskey, but somewhat torn between the ridgeline and pro-29. in your opinion, is the ridgeline stiff enough in the bb area? does the new curved downtube increase stiffness? have you compared it against the pro-29? the geometry is similar so i'm wondering what the practical difference there is between the 2.

mtbr member
    Nice!

Which MRP chain thing is that? EDIT: a 1.X Guide? Does it seem to work well?

Oh and flip your stem. =P

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Nice bike! I have a Ridgeline29 on order myself. Have you had any issues with the AC Wheelset?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Lookin good!

Rollin 29s
    Can you please describe what was done to the FSA crank to modify it, and what gear you are running? I have the same crank and want to go to 1x9.

Looks like you have a short cage rear derailer -- what is it? I have an XTR long cage derailer, so not sure if that is going to work sufficiently.

Nice build BTW!

mtbr member
    Nice bike.

How do you like the MRP? I'm in the market for one and trying to decide between this and the Paul.

no fat chicks
    i don't see how those rims could be wide enough for real riding without weighing an ass load
    methinks they are all show and no go
    #1 NORBA elite singlespeed racer 30-34 age group

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Now that is a believable weight!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketoridebikes
    i don't see how those rims could be wide enough for real riding without weighing an ass load
    methinks they are all show and no go
    Wrong! I have over 1,000 miles on my set & haven't even had to tru them yet. The trails I ride are more on the ruff side too....lots of roots, logs, etc. About 750 of those miles were with skinny 1.9 Kenda Karmas.
    2017 Scott Spark RC 900 World Cup

2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon 2

2016 Cannondale Caad 12 Disc

Twin Six Standard Fat

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    the mrp is a guide designed for a 3 chain ring crank. you remove the outter and inner chainrings put the guide behind the bottem bracket and it has ajustmet for 32-36 front rings the rear is a 990 11-34 cassette.you have to have shorter bolts to attach the chainrin bank on the front. im lucky to have a x-bmxer as an owner who knows all about making it work lol.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    oo and the stem and handlebar were only a mock up it will have easton 70 componetns to match the seat post

mtbr member

New Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron
    Nice!

Which MRP chain thing is that? EDIT: a 1.X Guide? Does it seem to work well?

Oh and flip your stem. =P
    MRP, Haven't trail tested it yet. I will get back to you on that... new stem and bars to come but don't expect them to be head-down-a##-up-roadie geometry

All the comments on the AC's - I haven't ridden them but did some research and lots of folks been riding them down here for years (well, over one year anyway) without issue.
    Terrain is generally forgiving round here but if anyone is going to turn them inside out it will be me. I'll let you know how I get on. I will say this, they are reasonably priced and insanely light... oh, and they look pretty.

Soon as there's a break in the weather I'll put her through her paces and get back to you. This is not going to be a bling bling sit in the lounge and look pretty bike, I mean, it owes me and I intend to make it paaaaayy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by isleblue65
    Can you please describe what was done to the FSA crank to modify it, and what gear you are running? I have the same crank and want to go to 1x9.

Looks like you have a short cage rear derailer -- what is it? I have an XTR long cage derailer, so not sure if that is going to work sufficiently.

Nice build BTW!
    It's an XO medium. It's the only used item on the bike as I had it sitting around and figured I wouldn't really nees a long cage for 1x9 anyway. As for whether long cage would work, I think it will but just isn't necessary, maybe even a little 'dangly'

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewi
    It's an XO medium. It's the only used item on the bike as I had it sitting around and figured I wouldn't really nees a long cage for 1x9 anyway. As for whether long cage would work, I think it will but just isn't necessary, maybe even a little 'dangly'
    I'm going to start out with my long cage instead of dropping $100 or more on a shorty and see how it goes. So the only mod on the FSA cranks is the shorter bolts?? It sounded like that was all that Bikes Etc Bill said was done, which isn't quite what I think of as "Modified". Just curous.

I think I'm gonna pick up an MRP too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    you can drop some more weight by droppping that chain guide thing...

Addicted to Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by jomissa
    you can drop some more weight by droppping that chain guide thing...
    58 grams is a small price to pay to avoid a broken face...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    i know. thats why i ride with body armor on the rails to trails. kidding. i dont use a guide...never had a problem. nice ride....
    just being snarky----broke me leg a few weeks ago and getting a bit nutz!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    well i mean for the racing style this rider is doing he NEEDS a guard to keep the chain on to much play with out one.

May 2009
    I like it anyway.
    MUD

My weiner is 10.5".....Oh wait...I'm holding this ruler backward.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    OOohh Prrreeeetttyyy!!!! I can't wait for mine to come!!!

SS XC Junkie
    Nice bike. I'm working on building a new 2010 Pro29er. Depending on how I like it, I may swap my tried and tru'd Haro SS frame out for a Ridgeline to freshen up my stable. I'd be interested in hearing how you like riding this.

As for the cage length question. I asked Mike at Lynskey about this and he said go with medium on a 1x9. To quote him: "With a 34t on the rear cassette it will get tight with a short cage derailleur. You could probably get away with it but if it was me building up the bike I would go with a medium cage just to be safe."

Enjoy your bike! After seeing these pics mine can't get here fast enough.

Rollin 29s
    Quote Originally Posted by dontheclysdale
    As for the cage length question. I asked Mike at Lynskey about this and he said go with medium on a 1x9. To quote him: "With a 34t on the rear cassette it will get tight with a short cage derailleur. You could probably get away with it but if it was me building up the bike I would go with a medium cage just to be safe."
    I'm pretty much running 1x9 now with my long cage derailleur (because I never shift into 22t or 44t) and it shifts quickly and works fine. The only difference will be when I remove those gears, front shifter and cables, and put on a guide. I suspect that the difference between long and medium is negligible on a 1x9, kind of like saving 50g by going with one chain guide over another.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Last edited by Billy B; 02-14-2010 at 04:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy B
    AC's

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    AC's
    Yeah my brain was on "pause"....regular programming is back on!!
    Those are sweet.. looking for a weight on them.( Found it 1600grams)

mtbr member

geometry

Is it me or does this frame sit high? The center of mass appears to be way up there.. pictures can be deceiving...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidw
    Is it me or does this frame sit high? The center of mass appears to be way up there.. pictures can be deceiving...
    The picture is a little deceiving - because we had bars with about a 2" rise on top of quite a steep stem the bars ended up a lot higher than the saddle. For the sake of asthetics we raised the sadlle about 3-4". This may make the bike look higher overall.
    What I can say for sure is that it didn't feel awkward to mount or excessively high riding around the shop floor.

mtbr member
    They changed the geometry around a little on the 2010 model. Taller head tube and built around 100mm travel fork. I'd probably want flat bars and a stem with big negative raise. Fit is a personal thing though...

N8!
    mtbr member
    Nice new ride mmm beer...

I suppose you'll be having a H.U.R.T. built next..

PS: Bring that bad boy out west where you can really ride it.
    Last edited by N8!; 02-21-2010 at 02:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Are those the standard Racing Ralphs without Snake Skin tech? Did you set them up tubeless? Great looking rig.
    Got LEFTY?
    -2019 C'dale SuperSlateX
    -2017 C’dale Scalpel Carbon 3
    -2014 C’dale Bad Boy 1

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    yea just standard racing raplhs 2.25 no tubless

N8!
    mtbr member
    The picture is a little deceiving - because we had bars with about a 2" rise on top of quite a steep stem the bars ended up a lot higher than the saddle. For the sake of asthetics we raised the sadlle about 3-4". This may make the bike look higher overall.
    What I can say for sure is that it didn't feel awkward to mount or excessively high riding around the shop floor.

time to put the Mavie on the scrapheap?

Members who have read this thread: 0